zVSE 5.2 BSM Migration to zVSE 6.1 Userids Not Connected to Groiups

mcgi...@optonline.net

Jan 4, 2017, 11:15:20 AM1/4/17
zVSE 6.1 install has forced us to move to new BSM security. I have run all of the jobs and yet I do not see any userids from the zVSE 5.2 system connected to any of the 64 groups. The transactions are defined and the users exist in IUI. How do I get the users properly connected to their groups?

indust...@winwholesale.com

Jan 5, 2017, 12:20:46 PM1/5/17
"VSE-L" <vse-l-bounces+industrynews=winwhole...@lists.lehigh.edu> wrote on 01/04/2017 11:15:18 AM:
> zVSE 6.1 install has forced us to move to new BSM security. I have run all =
> of the jobs and yet I do not see any userids from the zVSE 5.2 system conne=
> cted to any of the 64 groups. The transactions are defined and the users ex=

> ist in IUI. How do I get the users properly connected to their groups?

        In the IUI while viewing the list of user profiles, press the F6 key to generate the BSM commands to create the groups and connect the users to those groups.  You will need to pull the generated PUN queue entry into a JCL job to run those BSM commands.

Sincerely,

Dave Clark
--
Winsupply Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any error in transmission.

mcgi...@optonline.net

Jan 7, 2017, 1:38:31 PM1/7/17
On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 at 11:15:20 AM UTC-5, mcgi...@optonline.net wrote:
> zVSE 6.1 install has forced us to move to new BSM security. I have run all of the jobs and yet I do not see any userids from the zVSE 5.2 system connected to any of the 64 groups. The transactions are defined and the users exist in IUI. How do I get the users properly connected to their groups?

Thanks Dave, I didn't see that in either the zVSE 5.2 or zVSE 6.1 Administration Guides. It did just what I needed.

Thanks again,

Jamie