TEL905W

Billy Bingham

Jan 16, 2017, 7:35:54 AM1/16/17

Anyone have an idea what this message is trying to tell me. I can't find it in any of my TCP/IP manuals.

S2 0120 002C: TEL905W SWRTSRBD SOCKET SEND failed. RC=00000008 >
S2 0120 Reason=00000264

I just upgraded this LPAR to z/VSE 6.1 and the message seems to be happening regularly about every hour in the stacks that I have TELNETDs defined.

CSI TCP/IP 2.1 running on z/VSE 6.1

Thanks,

Billy

Leo Langevin

Jan 16, 2017, 9:30:14 AM1/16/17
The 8-character character-label indicates that it wanted to send a data stream to the client. RC=8 indicates a NAK denial. This can occur when someone ALT+F4 their session or some other interruption of service.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 16, 2017, at 15:34, Kevin Corkery <kcor...@live.com> wrote:

I guess it would be helpful if they documented the values in the reason code but I couldn’t find it anywhere.  My best guess on this is a timeout event on an idle terminal (maybe one where the user just turned off the device) that wants to write something to the screen but the session is no longer available.  If it’s something benign like that you can always have the message suppressed.

Tony Thigpen

Jan 16, 2017, 9:52:30 AM1/16/17
> I would expect that the return codes should be standardized.

That is not the case with the CSI stack.

Tony Thigpen

Edward M. Martin wrote on 01/16/2017 09:19 AM:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have this from the z/OS manuals (sorry we were forced to switch) for
> return code 000008.
>
> I would expect that the return codes should be standardized.
>
> 8 EAI_SERVICE GETADDRINFO The SERVICE was not
>
> recognized for the
>
> specified socket type.
>
> Correct the SERVICE.
>
> 8 ENOEXEC All An
> EXEC format error
>
> occurred.
>
> Check that the target
>
> module on an exec call
>
> is a valid executable
>
> module.
>
> Edward M. Martin
>
> Aultman Health Foundation
>
> HealthQuest Team Member
>
> External 330-363-9666
>
> Internal 39666
>
> AultmanLogo

Billy Bingham

Jan 16, 2017, 11:26:32 AM1/16/17
I think I figured out what's going on, but not sure why or the exact specifics.

It appears the client has a server that is sending FTP and TELNET commands to TCP/IP every hour. We get a group of messages. The first are FTP936D & FTP911I then a set of TEL... messages. IE: TEL905W, TEL965E & TEL917i and a final FTP900I. I am suppressing the TEL... messages from the console and may suppress the FTP... messages also.

I need to get with the client to see what exactly they are doing, but they're closed today for MLK Day.

Billy