TCPIP connection to z/OS LPAR

Peter

Oct 9, 2015, 10:25:40 AM10/9/15
Hello,

Is there a way to establish TCPIP connection between z/VSE and z/OS LPAR ?

Any pointers ?

Regards,
Peter

Tony Thigpen

Oct 9, 2015, 10:30:13 AM10/9/15
Depends on what you are trying to connect to:

For POWER-to-JES2 NJE (aka Power-Pnet), the answer is yes.
For CICS-to-CICS cross-domain, the answer is no.
For VTAM-to-VTAM (aka Anynet), the answer is no.

Tony Thigpen

Peter

Oct 9, 2015, 11:14:54 AM10/9/15

I am basically looking for to connect application running in z/OS from VSE. Can i use NJE ?

On Fri, Oct 9, 2015 at 8:30 PM, Frank M. Ramaekers <FRama...@ailife.com> wrote:

What do you want to do?   NJE, sure.   FTP, LPR, etc. sure.

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

Tony Thigpen

Oct 9, 2015, 11:23:11 AM10/9/15
NJE is for sending jobs or output from one system to the other.

I think you need to describe your application better for us to be able
to give you better advice.

Tony Thigpen