Transaction MK03 has failed with abend ALIG - CICS 1.1

Mike Stramba

May 20, 2013, 1:17:40 PM5/20/13
Ok, now that I can execute a transaction (see "VSE/2.4 CICS -
DFHAC2033 DBDCCICS You are not authorized to use transaction MK01 ")

I used the sample job from lib 59, and am getting :

Transaction MK03 has failed with abend ALIG

Here's the job (the job is bigger than the 20 line program ;)

----------------------------------
* $$ JOB JNM=ASMCICIN,DISP=D,CLASS=A,NTFY=YES
* $$ LST DISP=D,CLASS=Q,PRI=3
* $$ PUN DISP=I,DEST=*,PRI=9,CLASS=A
// JOB EXCIASM1 TRANSLATE ASSEMBLER SAMPLE BATCH CLIENT
// ASSGN SYSIPT,SYSRDR
// EXEC IESINSRT
$ $$ LST DISP=D,CLASS=Q,PRI=3
*
// JOB EXCIASM1 ASSEMBLE THE PROGRAM
// SETPARM CATALOG=1
// IF CATALOG = 1 THEN
// GOTO CAT
// OPTION ERRS,SXREF,SYM,LIST,NODECK
// GOTO ENDCAT
/. CAT
* ------- MIKE ------
// LIBDEF PHASE,CATALOG=PRD2.CONFIG
*
// OPTION ERRS,SXREF,SYM,CATAL,NODECK
*
* ------- MIKE ------
PHASE SMAP001,*
*
INCLUDE DFHXCSTB
/. ENDCAT
// EXEC ASMA90,SIZE=(ASMA90,64K),PARM='EXIT(LIBEXIT(EDECKXIT)),SIZE(MAXC
-200K,ABOVE)'
* $$ END
// ON $CANCEL OR $ABEND GOTO ENDJ2
// OPTION NOLIST,NODUMP,DECK
// EXEC DFHEAP1$,SIZE=512K
*ASM XOPTS(CICS)
SMAP001 CSECT
EXEC CICS SEND MAP('MAP001') MAPSET('S01SET') ERASE
EXEC CICS RETURN
*
DS 0H ENSURE ALIGNMENT
MAP001S EQU * . START OF MAP DEFINITION
DS 12C . TIOA PREFIX
MAP001E EQU * . END OF MAP DEFINITION
ORG MAP001S . ADDRESS START OF MAP
* CALCULATE MAPLENGTH, ASSIGNING A VALUE OF ONE WHERE LENGTH=ZERO
MAP001L EQU MAP001E-MAP001S
MAP001I DS 0CL(MAP001L+1-(MAP001L/MAP001L))
MAP001O DS 0CL(MAP001L+1-(MAP001L/MAP001L))
ORG
S01SETT EQU * * END OF MAP SET
END
/*
/. ENDJ2
// EXEC IESINSRT
/*
// IF CATALOG NE 1 OR $MRC GT 4 THEN
// GOTO NOLNK
// EXEC LNKEDT,SIZE=256K
/. NOLNK
#&
$ $$ EOJ
* $$ END
/&
* $$ EOJ

Martin Truebner

May 20, 2013, 1:53:09 PM5/20/13
Mike,

>> ... ALIG abend

Could it be that you are using the wrong stub?

Where is the INCLUDE you are using ( INCLUDE DFHXCSTB) from.

Does not sound right and (without reading) sounds like a
cross-partition (external CICS call interface) stub.

--
Martin

Pi_cap_CPU - all you ever need around MWLC/SCRT/CMT in z/VSE
more at http://www.picapcpu.de

Dovid Wakser

May 20, 2013, 1:57:11 PM5/20/13
Martin might be onto something.

It would also be helpful if Mike supplied the RDO entry used (if any), or
the PPT entry; it might not be correct. Also, any messages in SYSLST?

David Wakser

Mike Stramba

May 20, 2013, 2:17:03 PM5/20/13
On 5/20/13, Martin Truebner <mar...@pi-sysprog.de> wrote:
> Mike,
>
>>> ... ALIG abend
>
> Could it be that you are using the wrong stub?

Very possible !

I am just copying from manuals / sample libraries, don't have a clue
what should be what.

> Where is the INCLUDE you are using ( INCLUDE DFHXCSTB) from.

No idea :)

But I replaced that include with : (from the sys def manual)
INCLUDE DFHEAI

And it WORKS !!!!

Yipee :)

Thanks for giving me the "include" tip ;)

Mike

John Lawson

May 21, 2013, 11:57:51 AM5/21/13
Martin is right. The compile jobstream is for a program using the CICS
External call interface (EXCI) since the INCLUDE DFHXCSTB is for the
EXCI batch interface module, not one of the stubs that would be used by
an online CICS application program. A program such as this can only be
executed in a batch partition, not in CICS.