VSAM redirect

Frank M. Ramaekers

Jul 19, 2016, 8:57:27 AM7/19/16

Is it possible to use VSAM redirection with a TEXT file as a ESDS?  (Probably not as a VSAM managed SAM.)

(Thought I saw something like this….somewhere…at sometime)

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. | Systems Programmer | Information Technology | American Income Life Insurance | 254-761-6649

ifra...@googlemail.com

Jul 20, 2016, 8:16:15 AM7/20/16
Hi Frank,

yes that works.

If you plan to have a VSE application write to that redirected ESDS, then you can use one of the sample redirector handlers provided with the VSAM Redirector package: CSVHander or HtmlHandler. They create a CSV/HTML file on the remote system with the data written to the ESDS file.

The CrlfFileHandler allows to sequentially read or write to the redirected ESDS file. Each record is one line in the text file on the remote system.

Kind regards,
Ingo Franzki

Frank M. Ramaekers

Jul 20, 2016, 8:34:15 AM7/20/16
Really, it's more the other way. A Windows server has a text file that
is updated by a Windows process that z/VSE needs access to (R/O).

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

If you plan to have a VSE application write to that redirected ESDS,
then y= ou can use one of the sample redirector handlers provided with
the VSAM Red= irector package: CSVHander or HtmlHandler. They create a
CSV/HTML file on t= he remote system with the data written to the ESDS
file.=20

)
> =C2=A0
> Frank M. Ramaekers Jr. | Systems Programmer | Information Technology |

> Am=
erican Income Life Insurance | 254-761-6649
> =C2=A0

ifra...@googlemail.com

Jul 20, 2016, 8:37:42 AM7/20/16
Hi Frank,

then the CrlfFileHandler should do what you want.

Kind regards,
Ingo Franzki