z/VSE-based HTML products

Dovid Wakser via VSE-L

Jan 4, 2018, 9:27:36 AM1/4/18

All:

        In an effort to create browser-access to our applications with minimal changes to any CICS applications, I am searching for a product. The last one did not work out. I am aware of zWebHost & Entrée, so they need not be suggested. The product must be one which does NOT run on a server, but only on z/VSE (or z/VM).

        Any suggestions?

        Thanks, in advance.

David Wakser

Mike Robertson

Jan 4, 2018, 9:43:02 AM1/4/18
Dovid,

We just put this into production, we use Rocket Software's Legasuite Web product.    We like it, a bit of a learning curve and a lot of give and take on design (okay, the programmers gave and I took)....   It has auto input of BMS, etc.    We are a Software AG Natural shop (under zVSE 6.1) and it works well for us..  We are a z13s with 2 IFLs, so the Web Engine runs under SUSE on a IFL (actually we run a production and test machine).

Let me know any questions, we look at several.

Michael L. Robertson
CIO
Rock River Water Reclamation District

On 1/4/2018 at 8:27 AM, <vs...@lists.lehigh.edu> wrote:

------- DISCLAIMER -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message and any attachments are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you are not one of the addressees you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of the message or its attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the context of this message that arise as a result of Internet transmission. Sender accepts no liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Any opinions contained in this message are those of the author and are not given or endorsed by the Rock River Water Reclamation District (RRWRD) unless otherwise clearly indicated in this message and the authority of the author to so bind the RRWRD referred to is duly verified.

------- DISCLAIMER --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dovid Wakser via VSE-L

Jan 4, 2018, 9:51:18 AM1/4/18

Mike:

               No z/Linux here. Will it run ENTIRELY on z/VSE (or z/VM)?

David Wakser

Glenn Schneck

Jan 4, 2018, 10:20:40 AM1/4/18

David,

GT Software’s Ivory Service Architect runs natively on z/VSE and creates APIs that can be consumed without ANY changes to your backend CICS application.  Point and click technology and a wizard that creates APIs in minutes.  If you would like more information let me know.

www.gtsoftware.com

Glenn

Glenn Schneck | Senior Solutions Architect
O:
  +1 (404) 303-2403
C:  +1 (321) 439-4531
W:  www.gtsoftware.com

Mike Robertson

Jan 4, 2018, 10:22:06 AM1/4/18
No, but it will run on Windows......   We looked at these kind of products for over 2 years, never found a native VSE solution, most would do Windows or Linux.....  X86 (Windows/Linux) or IFL (Linux)......   Mike

Jim Elliott

Jan 4, 2018, 10:28:21 AM1/4/18
David:

Have you looked at CICS Web Support. It requires no changes to your CICS applications and provides browser access to your CICS applications. Not fancy, but part of CICS so no charge. https://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zvse/solutions/cicsaccess.html

Jim Elliott
Mainframe Consultant - GlassHouse Systems Inc.
email: jell...@ghsystems.com
web: http://jlelliotton.blogspot.ca/

Jeffrey Barnard

Jan 4, 2018, 11:27:29 AM1/4/18
David,

IBM's CICS TS Web Services and the 3270 Bridge come to mind.

Also, Data21's IPServer.

Jeff