FTP .jpg File to VSE Library

Billy Bingham

Sep 19, 2016, 11:45:04 AM9/19/16
Having a brain cramp today I guess.

How would I go about getting a file with a type of JPG to a VSE library?

Billy

Shawn Legrand

Sep 19, 2016, 12:09:44 PM9/19/16
You can use DITTO or FTP (if the library is allowed), but the record format for DITTO needs to be 'S' (for byte stream), or for FTP -- Binary upload.

Chuck Arney

Sep 19, 2016, 12:38:43 PM9/19/16
Use FTP Billy. The FTP products have a .JPG entry in the FTP/HTTP control
file to use the right LIBR attributes. It works fine. We sure did a lot of
image file FTPs when working with z/Web.

Chuck Arney
Arney Computer Systems
Web: http://zosdebug.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/arneycomputer

Sep 19, 2016, 12:49:14 PM9/19/16
I was hoping for an example :)

Billy

Shawn Legrand

Sep 19, 2016, 12:57:45 PM9/19/16
From a Windoze console after logging in to zVSE FTP:
ftp> cd PRIMARY.SPLG
250 Requested file action okay, completed
ftp> binary
200 Command okay
ftp> put VSEdump.jpg
200 Command okay
150-About to open data connection
File:PRIMARY/SPLG/VSEDUMP.JPG
Type:Binary Recfm:S Lrecl: 4096
CC=ON UNIX=ON RECLF=OFF TRCC=OFF CRLF=ON NAT=NO CONT=OFF
MODE=Stream STRU=File
150 File status okay; about to open data connection
226-Bytes received: 258,491
Records received: 64
Transfer Seconds: .86 ( 294K per second)
File I/O Seconds: .12 ( 2104K per second)
226 Closing data connection
ftp: 258491 bytes sent in 0.42Seconds 615.45Kbytes/sec.
ftp> quit
221 FTPDaemn closing control connection

Hope this helps.