Re: RE: Vse channel trace

K and M

Oct 16, 2017, 1:58:17 PM10/16/17
Are you having some symptoms that you could share? I always preferred tracing under VM, when possible. Often zVSE if being emulated
does not give you the information you need.

Ken

snip..

-- ***

Mick Poil

Oct 16, 2017, 5:03:01 PM10/16/17
You need a good old tape drive, not a VSE VTAPE or VTL as SDAID performs its own I/O. Or a channel-attached printer like a 3203.

Mick Poil

Oct 17, 2017, 5:35:34 AM10/17/17
Native VSE was mentioned. A sample job that works but uses a Virtual Printer:

* CP SP 01E RSCS
* CP TAG DEV 01E UKCPSG POILMIK
// EXEC SDAID
OUTDEV P=01E
TRACE SSCH AREA=G1 UNIT=205 OUTP=(TOD CCWD=100)
TRACE IO   AREA=G1 UNIT=205 OUTP=(TOD)
/*

Mick Poil

Oct 17, 2017, 9:29:59 AM10/17/17
Ken,

If you mean on I/O interrupt, add the CCWD=n parameter to TRACE IO e.g. TRACE IO  AREA=G1 UNIT=205 OUTP=(TOD CCWD=100)

Mike

Mick Poil

Oct 17, 2017, 10:11:46 AM10/17/17
Ken,

You can catch up to 65535 bytes of data and not just 100. However, a large value may blow the IPL SYS SDSIZE=nK value or the default of 64K.

See the z/VSE Diagnosis Tools and System Control Statements for the detail

Mike