z/VSE Reports in Excel (.xls) format

AAMIR MALIK

Apr 13, 2015, 7:29:48 AM4/13/15
Dear VSE-L Users,

I am looking for nay solution regarding z/VSE reports from LST Queue to be conversted in .xls format and auto-emailed to users from z/vse.

Currently, I am using the PDF Conversiion and auto-email for the reports, but the requirement is arised for reports to be send an attchment in .xls format from z/vse.

Regards,

Aamir Malik

ifra...@googlemail.com

Apr 13, 2015, 8:41:45 AM4/13/15
Hi Aamir,

does it really have to be XLS? How about CSV (Comma Separated values, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values)? CSV should be easy to produce by your applications, and when emailed as attachment the receiver should be able to automatically open up in Excel (or whatever spreadsheet tool they are using).

Kind regards,
Ingo

Martin Truebner

Apr 13, 2015, 10:02:54 AM4/13/15
Aamir,

I have no idea how you posted--- i do not see the original posting- but
i see Ingos answer (with citation)

so here I go:

I have some pieces sitting around here, used at a customer side because
they were not happy with the performance of the auto-email for very
small lists (one or two pages)- the solution is a DEV-task in
POWER. It activates whenever something arrives in a special class. It
then "does something with" / complements the list-data and delivers it
to the end-user.

It is written in HLASM (the DEV-stuf to POWER) and in REXX.... The
REXX part could easy be adapted to what you need.

--
Martin

Pi_cap_CPU - all you ever need around MWLC/SCRT/CMT in z/VSE
more at http://www.picapcpu.de

Andy Engels

Apr 13, 2015, 10:54:56 AM4/13/15
We send a LOT of stuff from VSE for end users and it's always CSV.....

____________________________________
Andy Engels
IS Team Leader - Technology Infrastructure
IMRF
Oak Brook, IL
630-368-5346

does it really have to be XLS? How about CSV (Comma Separated values, see h= ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values)? CSV should be easy to = produce by your applications, and when emailed as attachment the receiver s= hould be able to automatically open up in Excel (or whatever spreadsheet to= ol they are using).=20

Kind regards,
Ingo

On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 1:29:48 PM UTC+2, AAMIR MALIK wrote:
> Dear VSE-L Users,
>=20
> I am looking for nay solution regarding z/VSE reports from LST Queue
>to b=
e conversted in .xls format and auto-emailed to users from z/vse.
>=20
> Currently, I am using the PDF Conversiion and auto-email for the
>reports,=
but the requirement is arised for reports to be send an attchment in .xls = format from z/vse.
>=20
> Regards,
>=20
> Aamir Malik

AAMIR MALIK

Apr 14, 2015, 3:55:40 AM4/14/15
Hi Ingo,

Do I need to catalog any member for page defination for ".csv" file as we do
catalog memeber PDFSETUP for page defination in PDF Conversino.

AAMIR MALIK

Apr 14, 2015, 7:56:20 AM4/14/15
Hi Andy,

How you manage the report formating in .csv file and page defination etc.

Regards,

Aamir Malik

On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 7:54:56 PM UTC+5, Andy Engels wrote:
> We send a LOT of stuff from VSE for end users and it's always CSV.....
> ____________________________________
> Andy Engels
> IS Team Leader - Technology Infrastructure
> IMRF
> Oak Brook, IL
> 630-368-5346

Hi Aamir,

does it really have to be XLS? How about CSV (Comma Separated values, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values)? CSV should be easy to
produce by your applications, and when emailed as attachment the receiver
should be able to automatically open up in Excel (or whatever spreadsheet to they are using).