OSA GUI---IOAJAVA

Mike Moore

Dec 1, 2009, 4:23:13 PM12/1/09
Has anyone played with IOAJAVA? This is the GUI for defining OSA parameters. I keep getting a classdef error but the path is correct in my CLASSPATH definition. According to the OSA CG and Ref I have everything setup correctly. All my other JAVA apps are happy.
Just wondering if anyone has been down this road before.

Mike Moore
IT Manager
Alabama Judicial Datacenter
300 Dexter Ave
Montgomery, AL 36104
334-954-5025

Loeffen, Harry

Dec 2, 2009, 4:47:38 AM12/2/09
It works here in combination with z/VM.
If I remember correctly, I did put the jh.jar file in the same folder as
where the ioajava.jar file is. I also changed or made an OSADMIN.BAT
file with the following statements:
Rem ---------------------------------------------------
Rem Startup file for OSA/SF for VM GUI
Rem ---------------------------------------------------
set classpath=jh.jar;ioajava.jar;%classpath%
java ioajava

Harry Loeffen
Nacco MHG

Mike Moore

Dec 2, 2009, 8:06:07 AM12/2/09
Thanks, Harry. I'll see if that helps.

Mike Moore
IT Manager
Alabama Judicial Datacenter
300 Dexter Ave
Montgomery, AL 36104
334-954-5025

Mike Moore

Dec 3, 2009, 8:48:45 AM12/3/09
Turns out the IOAJAVA.W member was zipped. Once I got that figured out, things started falling into place.

Mike Moore
IT Manager
Alabama Judicial Datacenter
300 Dexter Ave

Montgomery, Alabama 36104
334-954-5025

Dec 3, 2009, 4:29:13 PM12/3/09
Suleiman,

Have you upgraded your system lately, 4.1 to 4.2? If so you have
to recreate your standalone dump tape on the new release.

Terry McWilliams
Technical Support

Dec 3, 2009, 4:29:13 PM12/3/09
Did you issue the STORE STATUS?

Dec 3, 2009, 4:37:45 PM12/3/09

Hello Terry,

I should have mentioned that! The guest is 4.1 and the tape was generated on the same release.

Thanks.

Suleiman Shahin

> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 15:27:07 -0600
> From: tmcwi...@gomedico.com
> To: vs...@Lehigh.EDU
> Subject: RE: SADUMP question

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/videos-tours.aspx?h=7sec&slideid=1&media=aero-shake-7second&listid=1&stop=1&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_7secdemo:122009

indust...@winwholesale.com

Dec 3, 2009, 5:13:03 PM12/3/09
owner...@Lehigh.EDU wrote on 12/03/2009 04:23:30 PM:
> The SADUMP tape IPLed but generated no SA dump.
> What could have caused that?

        What do you show for SADUMP in the QUERY STDOPT output?

Sincerely,

Dave Clark

WinWholesale Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard
Dayton, Ohio  45439  USA
(937) 294-5331

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any error in transmission.

Mojibi, Amir

Dec 3, 2009, 5:32:01 PM12/3/09

I had the same problem before and the problem was tape, I created SADUMP on disk for tape problem.

Amir Mojibi

SR. Systems Engineer
Off. (626) 339-5221 Ext.1122 Cell. (626) 221-9125

Dec 3, 2009, 5:40:03 PM12/3/09
Personally, I have never had a problem with an SA Dump tape.

The only times I have seen an 'empty' SA Dump tape, after the dump was taken, was when something unusual had been done, like a Reset Clear as part of the IPL of the SA Dump program.

I've even seen a dump of a VM System, taken by the VSE SA Dump programs, many years ago.

Dave

Dave Stuart
Prin. Info. Systems Support Analyst
County of Ventura, CA
805-662-6731
David....@ventura.org>>> "Mojibi, Amir" <AMo...@lereta.com> 12/3/2009 2:31 PM >>>

Suleiman Shahin

Dec 3, 2009, 7:37:30 PM12/3/09

This is what I see:

�SADUMP=3,0

Thanks

Suleiman Shahin

> What
> do you show for SADUMP in the QUERY STDOPT output?

Get gifts for them and cashback for you. Try Bing now.
http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=xbox+games&scope=cashback&form=MSHYCB&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MSHYCB_Shopping_Giftsforthem_cashback_1x1