Re: Stopping Operator doing silly things (again)

Tony Thigpen

Apr 16, 2015, 3:03:56 PM4/16/15
You could write a replacement cemt transaction that checks the input and
then calls DFHxxx (whatever), but...

I think a 25 pound sledgehammer is a better better option. :-)

Tony Thigpen

Allan Peterson wrote on 04/16/2015 02:56 PM:
> Is the a way of when a OP does a cemt perf shut rather than a cemt inq
> vtam CEMT PERF SHUT puts a “REALLY” message on the console
>
> <http://www.revera.co.nz/> Allan Peterson
> Telco Administrator
> DDI: +6494428615 | Mobile: +6421750529 | Fax: +6494428601
> Email: Allan.P...@revera.co.nz | Web: www.revera.co.nz
> <http://www.revera.co.nz/>:
> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/revera?trk=nmp_rec_act_company_photo>
> <https://twitter.com/Revera_NZ>
>
> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/revera?trk=nmp_rec_act_company_photo>

> WARNING:This email and any attachments contain private communications.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are not entitled to read,
> use, disseminate, distribute or copy this email and/or its attachments
> (if any). If you have received this email in error, please immediately
> notify the sender by return email and delete this email and any
> attachments from your system.
>
> PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Billy Bingham

Apr 16, 2015, 3:09:49 PM4/16/15
Or as Ron White would say: 'You can't fix stupid!'

Billy
--
"...For if tyranny should prevail in this great country, we may expect liberty will expire throughout the world" A Freeman, 1775

indust...@winwholesale.com

Apr 16, 2015, 4:27:25 PM4/16/15
"VSE-L" <vse-l-bounces+industrynews=winwhole...@lists.lehigh.edu> wrote on 04/16/2015 03:09:37 PM:
> Or as Ron White would say: 'You can't fix stupid!'

        I don't think that is exactly fair -- or the sledgehammer.  To err is human.  I have about 35 years of experience with this stuff and I can *still* accidentally issue CEMT PERF SHUT on the production console instead of on the development console -- as I intended -- or in a production CICS session instead of in a development CICS session.  Hey, what can I say?  I'm in favor of a little assistance from the computer on these things.   ;-)

Sincerely,

Dave Clark

WinWholesale Group Services
3110 Kettering Boulevard
Dayton, Ohio  45439  USA
(937) 294-5331

This email message and any attachments is for use only by the named addressee(s) and may contain confidential, privileged and/or proprietary information. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete and destroy the message and all copies. All unauthorized direct or indirect use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. No right to confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any error in transmission.

Frank M. Ramaekers

Apr 16, 2015, 5:09:02 PM4/16/15

Murphy’s law?

In our shop operators do not issue CEMT commands.   We have jobs prefixed SHUT (to shutdown a region) and CYCL (to cycle a region).

This reduces the possibly of shutting down the wrong CICS region.

Also, it’s possible to setup different TN3270 icons for each region with different screen attributes (background color, border color, etc.).  This too helps from entering a command into the wrong region.

Frank M. Ramaekers Jr.

Allan Peterson

Apr 16, 2015, 5:37:03 PM4/16/15

I have created a batch job to issue the commands using ARTBCOM, it will be loaded into the TIMETABLE and EXPEDITE will run the job at the appropriate times

msg f4

4 cemt inq vtam

4 cemt perf shut  rather than just 4

All done on the console

I have a register of OPS silly things that I have had to amend JCL to stop them , ie run a CICS in the correct partition, stop them doing a cold start,…..

Billy Bingham

Apr 16, 2015, 9:13:24 PM4/16/15
Probably not fair, but it's so easy :)

Billy