Connecting an HIS Server using DLC802.2

Colin Smith

Sep 29, 2017, 2:29:37 PM9/29/17

Has anyone had any success connecting an HIS Server to VSE Mainframe using DLC802.2 through and SNA only OSA ?

Thanks

Colin

Cohen, Sam

Sep 29, 2017, 2:41:34 PM9/29/17

Yes.  Be sure you are using a Locally Administered MACADDR (so if you change OSAs, you don’t have to redo your configuration).   Be sure your LU6.2 connections are properly configured if you are using APPC.  Also, enable CP-CP communications.

Thanks,

Sam Cohen

(217) 862-9227 (office)

(602) 327-2134 (cell)

(217) 547-0967 (fax)

Colin Smith

Oct 5, 2017, 3:26:21 PM10/5/17

Sam …. Thanks for the info ….

Would it be possible for you to send me samples of the VTAM books you set up to connect this HIS server.

We want to end up with PU type 2 on the HIS server connected with dependent LUs.

Let me know and thanks very much for your time on this.

Colin

Cohen, Sam

Oct 5, 2017, 3:34:55 PM10/5/17