CSI FAQS/PCS issue

Bo

Apr 13, 2015, 12:39:08 PM4/13/15
In my ongoing install of z/VSE 5.2 I now have a semi-working system and have started to activate more of the OEM products. I formatted the $EVT dataset with the EVENTS=1500 clause, then restored an events file. I then activated PCS (also with an EVENTS clause). I have events in the MASTER, events in the CURRENT, but I keep getting GJJ487I NO EVENTS PARM FOUND messages on the console.

Does anybody know if I need an EVENTS parm in the JCLSCHED.CTL file and, where that would be in the documentation?

T.Kobayashi , K.K.Paradox

Apr 13, 2015, 9:08:59 PM4/13/15
The EVENTS parm required for activating BIM-FAQS/PCS Hooks.
Please see the BIM-FAQS/PCS Implementation Guide.

Best regards,
Toyokazu Kobayashi

> In my ongoing install of z/VSE 5.2 I now have a semi-working system and
> hav=
> e started to activate more of the OEM products. I formatted the $EVT
> datas=
> et with the EVENTS=3D1500 clause, then restored an events file. I then
> act=
> ivated PCS (also with an EVENTS clause). I have events in the MASTER,
> even=
> ts in the CURRENT, but I keep getting GJJ487I NO EVENTS PARM FOUND
> messages=
> on the console.
>
> Does anybody know if I need an EVENTS parm in the JCLSCHED.CTL file and,
> wh=
> ere that would be in the documentation?

Bo

Apr 14, 2015, 10:45:40 AM4/14/15

Thanks for the replies. This is one of the "Magic" solutions. Start the scheduler, and let it run through a 24 hour period, now it is working good, no errors, IPL's clean, ran the schedule for last night. Like I said...."magic".

Ron Schmiedge

Apr 14, 2015, 12:00:28 PM4/14/15
Bo,
CA-FAQS automatically loads the current schedule at midnight, as you have found out.
If you want to load the current schedule at some other time, look at the &EVLOAD command in the PCS Implementation Guide.
The events that you had in the current file were probably not ones that were supposed to run on that day.
Ron
On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 8:45 AM, Bo <g.go...@att.net> wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  This is one of the "Magic" solutions.  Start the scheduler, and let it run through a 24 hour period, now it is working good, no errors, IPL's clean, ran the schedule for last night.  Like I said...."magic".

Bo

Apr 16, 2015, 9:19:22 AM4/16/15
Thanks Ron; The schedule was not the issue. I had a schedule, with an EVLOAD, the issues was the wonderful "R1 0207 GJJ487I NO EVENTS PARM FOUND" message issued by the system even though I have a Current file that was formatted with an events parm and that PCS was activated with an EVENTS parm. The messages stopped coming out after the midnight cycle but recently have come back occasionally.

Bo

Apr 16, 2015, 9:20:12 AM4/16/15
On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 8:19:22 AM UTC-5, Bo wrote:
> Thanks Ron; The schedule was not the issue. I had a schedule, with an EVLOAD, the issues was the wonderful "R1 0207 GJJ487I NO EVENTS PARM FOUND" message issued by the system even though I have a Current file that was formatted with an events parm and that PCS was activated with an EVENTS parm. The messages stopped coming out after the midnight cycle but recently have come back occasionally.

(Also; this is CSI-FAQS/PCS).