FYI: MQ Client Trigger Monitor for z/VSE Version 5 (and later this year for z/VSE 6.1) is available

ifra...@googlemail.com

Jul 9, 2015, 12:23:56 PM7/9/15
Hello All,

As you have probably heard already, WebSphere MQ for z/VSE 3.0 will be withdrawn from service (end of service) on September 30, 2015. You may use the MQ Client for VSE instead. Therefore we asked customers, what most important functionality they would need, when using the MQ Client instead of the WebSphere MQ Server. It turned out, that it is the trigger function. That is to get informed, when a new message arrives on the queue.

That function will provide the MQ Client Trigger Monitor. If a message arrives on a WebSphere MQ server queue on any MQ supported platform, the trigger monitor may start a CICS program. This new function will be available with z/VSE 6.1 in 4Q2015 - see the z/VSE 6.1 preview announcement.

To provide the function more timely - closer to the end of service of the WebSphere MQ Server for z/VSE - we now provide it through APARs for z/VSE 5.1 and 5.2:

z/VSE 5.1: APAR PI42612 / PTF UI28408
z/VSE 5.2: APAR PI42615 / PTF UI28409

The MQ Client Trigger Monitor function is described in "Migrating from MQ Server on z/VSE to MQ Client using the z/VSE MQ Client Trigger Monitor". You can find that article on the z/VSE documentation web page here:
http://ibm.com/zvse/documentation/documents.html#articles

Please also see further information on the z/VSE service and support web page:
http://ibm.com/zvse/support/connectors.html#news

Kind regards,
Ingo Franzki, IBM

lewi...@live.com

Jul 20, 2015, 7:39:08 AM7/20/15
The decision by IBM to discontinue support for MQSeries Servers running in VSE is a VERY REGRETTABLE circumstance. It will cause a lot of problems for some very loyal and large VSE sites and further tarnishes IBM's reputation in our shops.
That being said, the link to your MQ trigger monitor blog is broken. Please fix it.