DOSVSDMP PARM= revisited

Avihu Gershoni

Apr 24, 2018, 1:20:24 AM4/24/18

I tried to print a  stand-alone dump on disk non-interactively.

Trying to print a selective dump using the syntax in page 35 in the Diagnosis Tools manual (SC34-2628-01)

// EXEC DOSVSDMP,PARM='PRINT DEVICE=cuu FILE=n’

failed with PARAMETER ERROR message.

This is the listing from the run.

// DLBL IJSYSDU,'VSE.DUMP.FILE'

// EXTENT SYS020,,1,,15,2985

// ASSGN SYS020,811

// EXEC DOSVSDMP,PARM='PRINT DEVICE=811 FILE=1'

1S54I  PHASE DOSVSDMP IS TO BE FETCHED FROM IJSYSRS.SYSLIB

4G33I PARAMETER ERROR

Looking at the example for printing SDAID I guessed that the syntax in the manual for printing dump is incorrect.

So I tried:

// EXEC DOSVSDMP,PARM='PRINT DUMP DEVICE=811 FILE=1'

It worked.

So the manual is indeed incorrect and IBM should fix it.

Avihu Gershoni

Mainframe System Department Manager

Hilan Limited

8 Meitav Street

Tel Aviv

Israel

Mick Poil

Apr 24, 2018, 6:18:59 AM4/24/18
As it says at the end of the publication:

Submit your comments using one of these channels:
. . .
. Send your comments via email to: s39...@de.ibm.com
. Send a note from the web page: http://www.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zvse/            (a better URL is https://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zvse/contact/contact.html)

VSE do follow the list but a direct contact is better.