RES: zVM 6.4 on z/12

Carlos Bodra - Pessoal

Aug 9, 2017, 3:09:20 PM8/9/17

From 6.4 Messages and Codes

IIO002

Explanation

The IPL device cannot be brought online.

User response

R15 contains the address of the error message describing the condition that prevented the IPL device from being brought online. Refer to the message description for the appropriate action.

Seems that IPL device is not online/ready.

I can´t found any reference to PAV volume.

PAV is defined in IOCP/HCD and within dasd controller and both should match. If I define address C000 as base in IOCP/HCD it should be defined in DASD Storage Controller as base address too. Same for Alias.

Carlos Bodra

IBM System Certified System z

São Paulo - Brazil

Aug 9, 2017, 3:36:16 PM8/9/17
Thanks for replying Carlos,

We've verified the volumes are online and the filelist on stand alone program loader shows same files as on our 2nd level system. Working with IBM support on issue now.

Thanks Tim