CICS TS 2.1 for z/VSE migration note

michael...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2016, 4:57:26 AM9/30/16
Just a quick post for those of you who are migrating and dabble with CICS Control Blocks.

I am sure that all of you read all of the documentation, but in case you don't or might not think it applies when it could, Chapter 42 of the Enhancements Guide tells you about control block changes, and you really do need to make sure that you re-compile all code that uses them.

A for instance is the TCTTE. 8 bytes have been inserted between existing fields and could cause an issue when looking at the data, and could give you and/or us a bigger issue should you make any changes. We haven't seen a problem yet, but a TCTTE-related issue caused me to spot the difference.

Mike

michael...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2016, 10:56:24 AM10/17/16
Following up on this, if you have CA Intertest and use CEDF in CICS TS for z/VSE 2.1 you might end up with a TCTTE overlay and CICS crashing after an AEZD abend etc. Please contact CA for relevant information.

Mike

Mick Poil

Oct 18, 2016, 6:26:38 AM10/18/16
CA doc may say that there is a 0C1 program check with this problem. The 0C1 was due to debug code that was added to DFHEDFP to force a dump when the TCTTE overlay was first seen by CICS. You are more likely to see a 0C4 abend in DFHEDFP followed by more abends before CICS dies.

Mike