Re: IBM 7060 , Is there a market for these....

Tony Thigpen

Apr 7, 2015, 7:56:16 PM4/7/15
Do you mean that you had two sitting in storage while you were fighting
the Amdahl and it's lack of tcp connectivity?

You could have sit one on the floor, called it a 'I-O box', moved your
work to it, and just pretended to everyone else that the Amdahl was
doing the work. :-)

Tony Thigpen

Allan Peterson wrote on 04/07/2015 05:56 PM:
> We found two (not too sure at this point as to what model) sitting in a
> storage locker.
>
> Is there anything required by IBM if they were to be scrapped/ sold onto
> the second hand market…
>
> Allan
>
> <http://www.revera.co.nz/> Allan Peterson
> Telco Administrator
> DDI: +6494428615 | Mobile: +6421750529 | Fax: +6494428601
> Email: Allan.P...@revera.co.nz | Web: www.revera.co.nz
> <http://www.revera.co.nz/>:
> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/revera?trk=nmp_rec_act_company_photo>
> <https://twitter.com/Revera_NZ>
>
> <http://www.linkedin.com/company/revera?trk=nmp_rec_act_company_photo>

> WARNING:This email and any attachments contain private communications.
> If you are not the intended recipient, you are not entitled to read,
> use, disseminate, distribute or copy this email and/or its attachments
> (if any). If you have received this email in error, please immediately
> notify the sender by return email and delete this email and any
> attachments from your system.
>
> PPlease consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Allan Peterson

Apr 7, 2015, 8:29:06 PM4/7/15
HDS not AMDAHL

I didn't know that they were there

Now that we have somewhat of a timetable...late '16 I just might to have a look again at the TCP/IP work again.
They still haven't allowed me to free up a static & dynamic partition as was promised

Sent from Samsung tablet

Jim Elliott

Apr 7, 2015, 11:42:02 PM4/7/15
Allan, these are out of service now (as of 2012-12-31). The 7060 (MP3000) came in three models H30 (~60 MIPS), H50 (~110 MIPS), and H70 (2-way at ~210 MIPS). They are 31-bit ESA/390 machines so they can't run any current operating systems. There are environmental considerations in scrapping them, so you need to get them to someone who is authorized to scrap high-end electronics (they are not ROHS certified as they pre-date those rules).

Jim

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 7, 2015, at 17:56, Allan Peterson <Allan.P...@revera.co.nz> wrote:

We found two (not too sure at this point as to what model) sitting in a storage locker.

Is there anything required by IBM if they were to be scrapped/ sold onto the second hand market…

Allan

<44db92.png> Allan Peterson