Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Dynamic Partition LST Class

Visto 31 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Geir Erland Fladby

no leída,
23 abr 2018, 4:37:2323/4/18

Hi

If I submit a job in my Dynamic partition x with

* ÅÅ LST DISP=H,CLASS=Z

It looks ok in LST Q.

Same job in dynamic class R it defaults to Class A in LST Q.

At the moment I’m stucked. I know it’s easy to fix, but the brain…….

Hilsen/Regards

Geir Fladby

Vitec AutoData AS

Tlf: 908 38 795

Dieltiens Geert via VSE-L

no leída,
23 abr 2018, 5:44:4523/4/18

Geir,

Since you supply the CLASS=Z parm in the LST card, I don't see why it would default to class A.

I assume that the "ÅÅ" in that LST card below is some kind of EBCDIC-ASCII translation error? I would expect to see  * $$ LST  iso.  * ÅÅ LST .

But anyway, here's some info from the Power Administration and Operation manual about output class defaults:

SET: Setting VSE/POWER Startup Control Values

DYNOUTc=outclass

Use this operand to define for a dynamic class c (C,D,E or G-Z) the default job

output class outclass (an alphabetic character A-Z or numeric 0-9). You may

repeat this SET statement for up to 23 dynamic classes. VSE/POWER

determines the default output class in the following sequence:

1. by SET DYNOUTc=outclass,

2. else by SET DYNOUTCL=DYNCL,

3. else by the general default 'A'.

DYNOUTCL=DYNCL

Use this operand to modify the default output class 'A' of dynamic partitions.

Specifying DYNOUTCL=DYNCL causes VSE/POWER to start each dynamic

partition with a default output class equal to its execution class - which is the

dynamic class character itself. For defining any specific default output class per

dynamic execution class, refer to the SET DYNOUTc=outclass operand.

All the best,

Geert.

DISCLAIMER

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postm...@vanbreda.be
This footnote also confirms that this email has been checked
for the presence of viruses.

Informatica Van Breda NV BTW BE 0427 908 174

Geir Erland Fladby

no leída,
23 abr 2018, 6:40:3023/4/18

Ok, this is obviously something new.

We have just went from z/VSE 5.1 to 6.2 this weekend.

So, I’m now not sure where to put in eg SET DYNOUTCL=DYNCL ?

Is it in the profiles for dynamic partitions?

If it’s in Power startup I have a problem. Cannot Ipl now.

Dieltiens Geert via VSE-L

no leída,
23 abr 2018, 7:42:0223/4/18

The only way I know,of for specifying Power SET statements is via SYSIPT immediately after the // EXEC <powerphase>, in your ASI-proc.

You can use PDISPLAY AUSTMT to determine the autostart statements that were used for startup.

Yesterday, like you, I migrated our (development) VSE's from 5.1 to 6.2, but didn't notice the behaviour you described. We don't use any SET DYNOUT commands though...

Geir Erland Fladby

no leída,
24 abr 2018, 3:34:3824/4/18

The only thing I had to do was a change in the Dynamic partition profile for R.

From

ASSGN SYSLST,FEE

ASSGN SYSLST,00E

However, thank you for respond