FTP GET for SCRT

Tom Huegel

Oct 6, 2017, 12:00:37 PM10/6/17
Good morning,

Does anyone do this?

We want to have a user do FTP 'GET' to get the SCRT file from VSE.

I'm not very familiar with this process in VSE.
What has to be done so that the FTP can see the VSAM file with the SCRT records?

Thanks

Tom Huegel

Oct 6, 2017, 12:44:32 PM10/6/17
Thanks Steve this has been most helpful.

I may ask for your whole process later but for now this should get us going.
Tom

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Mondy, Stephen (US - Texas) <steve...@fiserv.com> wrote:

Tom,

Add a define for the VSAM user catalog to the FTP startup.

Ex.,

DEFINE FILE,PUBLIC='VSESPUC',DLBL=VSESPUC,TYPE=VSAMCAT

I have several VSEs so I FTP the data from each VSE to a central VSE then GET the data files from there using a .BAT file.

FTPSCRT.BAT -

Echo Off

CALL FTP -v -i -s:FTPSCRT.TXT 111.222.333.444

PAUSE

FTPSCRT.TXT -

Username

Password

dir scrt_input_*.*

erase scrt_input_*.*

bin

quote mode b

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vsea.esds SCRT_INPUT_CHHA.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vseb.esds SCRT_INPUT_CHHB.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vsec.esds SCRT_INPUT_CHHC.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vsef.esds SCRT_INPUT_CHHF.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vsep.esds SCRT_INPUT_CHHP.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vseg.esds SCRT_INPUT_CINA.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vse1.esds SCRT_INPUT_CHGA.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vse2.esds SCRT_INPUT_CHGB.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vse6.esds SCRT_INPUT_CHGX.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vse9.esds SCRT_INPUT_FRBT.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vsev.esds SCRT_INPUT_DEVD.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vsew.esds SCRT_INPUT_ZV52.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vsey.esds SCRT_INPUT_ZV43.BIN

get vsespuc.scrt.input.vsez.esds SCRT_INPUT_ZV42.BIN

quit

The ‘vsespuc.scrt.input.vse?.esds’ are the CMTREPO data sets from VSE that have been FTPed to the central VSE then I get them to my PC for WINDOWS SCRT processing.

I can share the hole process if you want it.

Steve

Tom Huegel

Oct 6, 2017, 5:13:31 PM10/6/17
Steve,
Still having a problem.
I did this:

DEFINE FILE,TYPE=VSAMCAT,DLBL=CMTCAT,PUBLIC='CMT.USERCAT'

DEFINE FILE,TYPE=ESDS,DLBL=CMTREPO,PUBLIC='CMT.SCRT89.DATA.REPORT'

But I can't get it to work.

If you don't mind, what should my GET command look like?

Thanks

Tom

Tom Huegel

Oct 6, 2017, 6:09:32 PM10/6/17
Steve,
I'm getting VSAM x'80' file not found in IJSYSUC..

Philip Gramly suggested I also need the DLBL's in the startup job or standard labels I was under the impression that TCPIP would dynamically add them to the partition temporary labels. I may be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time.

Tom

On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Mondy, Stephen (US - Texas) <steve...@fiserv.com> wrote:

Tom,

I would think this might work,

get CMTCAT.CMT.SCRT89.DATA.REPORT pc.file.bin

What errors are you getting on the PC and from the TCPIP partition?