RE: MQ Client abend (Solved)

van Sleeuwen, Berry

Jul 26, 2016, 6:32:05 AM7/26/16
Hi All,

I had opened an PMR at IBM and we have now solved the issue.

Indeed, as Ingo mentioned, the issue was in the EXECKEY. The client programs are with EXECKEY USER. However, program IESMQCTM is in EXECKEY CICS. The effect was that $EDCTCPV sometimes was loaded in EXECKEY USER and sometimes in EXECKEY CICS. When it was loaded in EXECKEY CICS the MQ client transaction abended.

Should you plan a migration to MQ Client then be aware that the EXECKEY must be configured correctly. All programs using MQ Client code must be in EXECKEY CICS, especially when TCPIPservices are in use. $EDCTCPV is loaded in EXECKEY CICS when TCPIP services are started. In our case, since we don’t use TCPIP services, $EDCTCPV was loaded depending on what program would reference the phase first, hence sometimes it ran correctly when in EXECKEY USER and sometimes abended when in EXECKEY CICS.

Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Berry van Sleeuwen

Jul 28, 2016, 10:07:14 AM7/28/16
Just a FWIW:

When using the BSI IPv6/VSE product, the EXECKEY CICS is *not* required
when using our $EDCTCPV phase, or any of our TCP services. We handle
this dynamically within our code.

Tony Thigpen

Martin Truebner

Jul 28, 2016, 12:45:40 PM7/28/16
(about user-key vs CICS-key)

>> We handle this dynamically within our code.

This had been (watch the "past tense" used here) my pet peeve for a
long time- but I got tired of repeating that it can be done (with a
little extra code - but no big deal) without molesting end-users.

I am very happy that it is now handled in products coming from BSI or
TE.

Martin Trübner; everything around "PoOps of z/arch"

Tony Thigpen

Jul 28, 2016, 6:15:18 PM7/28/16
Been that way for 10+ years. :-)

Tony Thigpen