Asymetrix Asia Pacific (Singapore)

Mark J Christie

Jan 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/11/99
Folks,
I have been absent for while from this list and noted back in November that
there was some discussion on Asymetrix Asia Pacific, the change in
distributorship, meaning of life and similar stuff...
While this post may not interest folks outside of Asia, It is the best venue
to get things cleared up...

Where do I start?
I left Multimedia Asia Pacific in October last year and bought over the
Singapore business which I had been running for three years. Nothing tricky
about the reasons... The Singapore operation, although small was very much
focussed on Asia and really had little to do with the day to day operations
of the Australian headquarters.

We were and still are doing far more consulting business than Asymetrix
product sales and that sadly is a reflection of the economic situation, US
dollar rise against regional currencies and the resultant increase in
software piracy.

As the potential for litigation between my previous company and ALS
increased, I wanted to make a clear statement that I wanted to continue
selling and supporting Asymetrix products and the customer base that we had
developed over the last three years.

We have reached a very positive arrangement with ALS to continue trading in
the region. Our activities in Asia Pacific will complement the activities of
Martyn in Australia.

We will be dealing directly with the US, as Martyn does.

We are not part of Asymetrix Learning Systems, we are an independant company
with 5 employees who sell and support Asymetrix products primarily...
however we do a lot of development in Allaire's Cold Fusion as well.

Although I can't speak for Multimedia Asia Pacific, I believe that their
focus is now more on the development of their own IP and I wish them all the
best in the future.

At Asymetrix Learning System's request, we will be changing the name of our
company in the coming months. Our snail mail contacts have changed but
email/web stays the same.

To answer Ganesh's question, I don't work for Asymetrix, I work with them.

May you enjoy the last year of this century with minimal bugs (unless they
are produced by Walt Disney)

...and thanks Tim B for prompting me to speak up... and John, yes it is the
real Mark Christie ;-)

Mark Christie
MD Asymetrix Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (Singapore)