Can't delete datasets

Werner Kuehnel

Jul 23, 2010, 3:25:34 AM7/23/10
We have some problems to delete 3 datasets. The volume is SMS-managed, the
datasets are in a user catalog.
First we had just one dataset (FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST) which we can't get
rid of. Some experiments created the other two:
an IDCAMS ALTER created FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST.IDC1,
an RENAME via ISPF 3.4 created FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST.OLD.

Here are some infos:

Excerpt from List Catalog:
IDC3014I CATALOG ERROR
IDC3009I ** VSAM CATALOG RETURN CODE IS 50- REASON CODE IS IGG0CLE0-6 (NVR
not found)
IDC1566I ** FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST NOT LISTED
IDC3014I CATALOG ERROR
IDC3009I ** VSAM CATALOG RETURN CODE IS 50- REASON CODE IS IGG0CLE0-6 (NVR
not found)
IDC1566I ** FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST.IDC1 NOT LISTED
IDC3014I CATALOG ERROR
IDC3009I ** VSAM CATALOG RETURN CODE IS 50- REASON CODE IS IGG0CLE0-6 (NVR
not found)
IDC1566I ** FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST.OLD NOT LISTED

3.4 in ISPF (catalog search) shows all 3 datasets:
FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST RZP003
BROWSE/EDIT/DELETE = 'FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST' not on volume 'RZP003'.

FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST.IDC1 RZP003
BROWSE/EDIT/DELETE = 'FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST.IDC1' not on volume 'RZP003'.

FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST.OLD RZP003
successfully BROWSE/EDIT
DELETE = IEC614I SCRATCH FAILED - RC 008, DIAGNOSTIC INFORMATION IS
(040942D1),
ISPFFSY,RZP003,FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST.OLD

A print of VVDS of RZP003 shows neither of the 3 datasets.
A list of VTOC of RZP003 shows only FRZ0011.NETSTAT.LIST.OLD

A DELETE NVR with and without catalog results for all 3 datasets in
IDC3009I ** VSAM CATALOG RETURN CODE IS 90 - REASON CODE IS IGG0CLFP-20

A IEHPROGM SCRATCH failed, too.

We're running short of ideas how to get rid of these catalog entries and
appreciate any help.

Werner Kuehnel

IMD-Gesellschaft für Informatik und Datenverarbeitung mbH
Augustaanlage 66
68165 Mannheim

Tel: +49.621.457-4885, Fax: -4046

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Tolga

Jul 23, 2010, 3:46:43 AM7/23/10
Hello,
Did you try to delete those datasets through ISMF Panel 1 ? Give dataset
name, specify vtoc as a source and write the volume serial. If you can delete
the dataset this way then try to delete the catalog entry with noscr option.

Tolga

Tidy, David , D

Jul 23, 2010, 3:49:23 AM7/23/10
Typically we have had to resort to VVDSFIX for this kind of situation. Read all about it (+ link for the download) at:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3S1000618

Best regards,
David Tidy
IS Technical Management/SAP-Mf
Dow Benelux B.V.

Werner Kuehnel

Jul 23, 2010, 3:54:03 AM7/23/10
Tolga,
ISMF DELETE and delete with NSCR results in
IDC3009I ** VSAM CATALOG RETURN CODE IS 90 - REASON CODE IS IGG0CLFO-54

Thanks,
Werner Kuehnel
Spezialist in der Abteilung Betrieb/Support

IMD-Gesellschaft für Informatik und Datenverarbeitung mbH
Augustaanlage 66
68165 Mannheim

Tel: +49.621.457-4885, Fax: -4046

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-...@bama.ua.edu> schrieb am 23.07.2010
09:45:57:

Werner Kuehnel

Jul 23, 2010, 3:57:55 AM7/23/10
Thanks David, I'll give it a try.

Werner Kuehnel
Spezialist in der Abteilung Betrieb/Support

IMD-Gesellschaft für Informatik und Datenverarbeitung mbH
Augustaanlage 66
68165 Mannheim

Tel: +49.621.457-4885, Fax: -4046
E-Mail: werner....@mannheimer.de

IMD-Gesellschaft für Informatik und Datenverarbeitung mbH

Sitz Mannheim, Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 7460
Geschäftsführer: Norbert Koch

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-...@bama.ua.edu> schrieb am 23.07.2010

09:48:35:

Tolga ULUN

Jul 23, 2010, 4:02:17 AM7/23/10
Hello,

Reason code 54 says:

54 Explanation: DELETE failed because the data set is being renamed but it
has not completed.
Programmer Response: Rename the data set with the IDCAMS ALTER
command and then delete it.

Can you rename the dataset to its original name? If you can, then try to
delete it again.

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:53:34 +0200, Werner Kuehnel
<werner....@MANNHEIMER.DE> wrote:

>Tolga,
>ISMF DELETE and delete with NSCR results in

>IDC3009I ** VSAM CATALOG RETURN CODE IS 90 - REASON CODE IS

IGG0CLFO-54

>Thanks,

>Werner Kuehnel
>Spezialist in der Abteilung Betrieb/Support
>
>IMD-Gesellschaft für Informatik und Datenverarbeitung mbH
>Augustaanlage 66
>68165 Mannheim
>
>Tel: +49.621.457-4885, Fax: -4046

Werner Kuehnel

Jul 23, 2010, 4:11:32 AM7/23/10
Tolga,
we already tried to rename the dataset, that's how the other 2 datasets
(.IDC and .OLD) were created.

Werner Kuehnel
Spezialist in der Abteilung Betrieb/Support

IMD-Gesellschaft für Informatik und Datenverarbeitung mbH
Augustaanlage 66
68165 Mannheim

Tel: +49.621.457-4885, Fax: -4046
E-Mail: werner....@mannheimer.de

IMD-Gesellschaft für Informatik und Datenverarbeitung mbH

Sitz Mannheim, Amtsgericht Mannheim HRB 7460
Geschäftsführer: Norbert Koch

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-...@bama.ua.edu> schrieb am 23.07.2010

10:01:43:

Werner Kuehnel