Space error copying file to OMVS (z/OS USS) ?

Alan Harrison

Dec 11, 2009, 1:45:38 PM12/11/09
I'm having trouble with OPUT in that I'm getting this

BPXF106E RETURN CODE 00000085, REASON CODE 5B4FC005. AN ERROR OCCURRED
DURING THE WRITING TO HFS FILE /itim/racf.tar.

This is described here:-
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2M381/SPTM004092
and that points to the reason codes here:-
http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/BPXZA880/3.0?DT=20070606153306

where error code 85 is described as
No space is left on the device, or
no space is available to create the
IPC member ID.

There should be plenty of space, Z9USS1 has 230 free cyls and this is a 20MB
file (373 tracks)!
Is there a quota setting in OMVS on the ADCD ver 1.9?
Where is the "IPC member ID" stored?
Thanks
Alan

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Veilleux, Jon L

Dec 11, 2009, 2:28:41 PM12/11/09
How many extents is your dataset in?
Make sure you are not out of space in /tmp/. That sometimes has the same symptoms even though it looks like you are having space issues on another file.
Also, is this HFS or zFS?

Jon L. Veilleux
veill...@aetna.com
(860) 636-2683

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you think you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.
Thank you. Aetna