Google Skupine ne podpirajo več novih objav ali naročnin v storitvi Usenet. Zgodovinsko vsebino si je še vedno mogoče ogledati.

IEFUJI and REGION LIMIT - S878 abends in JES2

509 ogledov
Preskoči na prvo neprebrano sporočilo

Linda Golding

neprebran,
29. sep. 2016, 06:25:1229. 9. 16
do
Greetings ,

On one of our systems running in z/os 1.13 , we saw S878 abends with JES2 during initialization . After we made SYSSTC.IEFUJI inactive , JES2 came up without issues . I've always thought that it is IEFUSI that sets the REGION LIMIT . Can some one tell me if IEFUJI is capable of overriding the REGION limit set by IEFUSI . Please share your thoughts .

TIA ,
Linda

send email to list...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

Elardus Engelbrecht

neprebran,
29. sep. 2016, 06:56:5729. 9. 16
do
Linda Golding wrote:

>On one of our systems running in z/os 1.13 , we saw S878 abends with JES2 during initialization . After we made SYSSTC.IEFUJI inactive , JES2 came up without issues . I've always thought that it is IEFUSI that sets the REGION LIMIT . Can some one tell me if IEFUJI is capable of overriding the REGION limit set by IEFUSI . Please share your thoughts .

Disabling UJI to stop S878? Weird.

You're correct, it is USI which sets that REGION if that is coded so.

I have looked again at 'Common Exit Parameter Area', but don't see anything about memory there. Also IEFUJI receives control before the system selects a job on the input queue for initiation. A return code from IEFUJI indicates whether job processing.

Ok, at what stage of JES2 initializing do you get the 878?

Show your REGION of that JES2 Proc.
Show your SMFPRMxx statements especially statements like MEMLIMIT and SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(??))

Did you change something in JES HASPPARM? Or something with that LPAR memory settings? Any PTFs applied?

What else was running while getting those 878 abends?

Does that JES2 shares the Spool with other JES2?

Can you see the MemLimit for JES2 in SDSF? Did something changed in WLM?

Can you see (source code) what are those two exits doing?

If you can't get answers here from IBM-MAIN, perhaps a PMR or SLIP is in order?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

linda golding

neprebran,
30. sep. 2016, 08:01:1330. 9. 16
do
Hi Elardus ,

Apologize for the late response .

*a)Ok, at what stage of JES2 initializing do you get the 878?*

JES2 was getting S878 abends during IPL

*b)Show your REGION of that JES2 Proc.*
REGION is coded as 0M

*c)Show your SMFPRMxx statements especially statements like MEMLIMIT and
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(??))*

SUBSYS(TSO,INTERVAL(010000)) -- SYS
SUBSYS(TSO,NODETAIL) -- SYS
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFUSI)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFUJI)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFUTL)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFUJV)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,EXITS(IEFACTRT)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(TSO,NOTYPE(32,40,60,64,99)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,INTERVAL(010000)) -- SYS
SUBSYS(STC,NODETAIL) -- SYS
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFUSI)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFUJI)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFACTRT)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFUTL)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFU83)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,EXITS(IEFU29)) -- PARMLIB
SUBSYS(STC,NOTYPE(32,40,60,64,99)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(NODETAIL) -- PARMLIB
SYS(INTERVAL(010000)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUSI)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUTL)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUJI)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUJP)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFUJV)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFACTRT)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(EXITS(IEFU83)) -- PARMLIB
SYS(NOTYPE(32,40,60,99)) -- PARMLIB
LISTDSN -- PARMLIB
SID(2097) -- DEFAULT
JWT(0240) -- PARMLIB
EMPTYEXCPSEC(SUPPRESS) -- PARMLIB
STATUS(010000) -- PARMLIB
MEMLIMIT(00008G) -- PARMLIB

*d) Did you change something in JES HASPPARM? Or something with that LPAR
memory settings? Any PTFs applied?*

This is a newly built system and we are planning to use as sandbox . There
is no maintenance put on these systems No changes made to JES2PARM and
nothing changed with memory settings

*e)What else was running while getting those 878 abends?*
Probably nothing apart from the system address spaces being a fresh IPL

*f)Can you see the MemLimit for JES2 in SDSF? Did something changed in WLM?*
No changes to WLM

*. *
*g)Can you see (source code) what are those two exits doing?*

Its vanilla code.no changes to the exits as far as i remember . I'll take a
look again ...

Regards,
Linda

Elardus Engelbrecht

neprebran,
30. sep. 2016, 08:26:4930. 9. 16
do
linda golding wrote:

>Apologize for the late response .

It is all right with me. ;-)

>*a)Ok, at what stage of JES2 initializing do you get the 878?*
>JES2 was getting S878 abends during IPL

Ok, what replies were given? $WARM? $S or so? Granted if you could go that far.

Could you see what automatic JES2 commands were given/handled? Do you see JES2 Monitor starting up?
Can you see what last $HASP was shown?

>MEMLIMIT(00008G) -- PARMLIB

Could you try out NOLIMIT to see if that resolves your 878?

>This is a newly built system and we are planning to use as sandbox . There is no maintenance put on these systems No changes made to JES2PARM and nothing changed with memory settings

Ok.

>*e)What else was running while getting those 878 abends?*
>Probably nothing apart from the system address spaces being a fresh IPL

Nothing? What about things like SMF, VLF, LLA, DLF, NET, OMVS, HSM and start/stop things like IRRDPTAB and IFGEDI? Where they also active and running?

It could be that one of these is consuming storage or one of them could using UJI eating up memory causing JES2 to die.

>*g)Can you see (source code) what are those two exits doing?*
>Its vanilla code.no changes to the exits as far as i remember . I'll take a look again ...

Vanilla from where? From IBM or CBT or just setting RC=00 while doing nothing? Check if you have the RIGHT module with the RIGHT name.

I see 'vanilla' as something with size of x'20' or something.

Perhaps you should compare your system and JES2 and the exits with your other systems?

Perhaps you should ask IBM for assistance?

Good luck and all of the best for you!

ITURIEL DO NASCIMENTO NETO

neprebran,
30. sep. 2016, 08:32:3330. 9. 16
do
Linda,

What's the reason code of your S878 abend ?

Atenciosamente / Regards / Saludos

BANCO BRADESCO S.A.
4250 / DPCD Engenharia de Software
Sistemas Operacionais Mainframes