Dynamic Allocation Error in EDGHSKP

Kelman, Tom

Aug 31, 2007, 3:39:17 PM8/31/07
I am trying to run the EDGHSKP program to obtain a listing of the VRS
entries in DFHSMSrmm. I get the following error from it. I've tried to
search the IBM WEB site for the manual that has the dynamic allocation
return codes, but can't seem to find the correct one. Does anyone know
what the problem is here, or where I might be able to find a list of the
dynamic allocation return codes?

EDG2301E FILE DYNAMIC ALLOCATION ERROR 0C 035C 0002,
$TCK.$TCKSMFP.JOB

EDG6207E DFSMSrmm SUBSYSTEM UNABLE TO ALLOCATE AND OPEN THE INPUT AND
OUTPUT DATA SETS SPECIFIED

Tom Kelman

Commerce Bank of Kansas City

(816) 760-7632

If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services at
http://www.commercebank.com or use the Commerce Bank Secure
Email Message Center at https://securemail.commercebank.com

confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
and any copies of this message from your computer system.

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

John_J...@ibm-main.lst

Aug 31, 2007, 3:48:55 PM8/31/07
<snip>

where I might be able to find a list of the
dynamic allocation return codes?
<snip>
Of course there are numerous list but I generally start with the one on the
HELP panel for ISPF, eg. from edit PF1,then top, then select A

Jack Kelly
LA Systems @ US Courts
x 202-502-2390

Kelman, Tom

Aug 31, 2007, 3:57:44 PM8/31/07
> <from Tom Kelman>

> where I might be able to find a list of the
> dynamic allocation return codes?

> <from Jack Kelly>

> Of course there are numerous list but I generally start with the one
on
> the
> HELP panel for ISPF, eg. from edit PF1,then top, then select A
>

> <end snip>

Thanks Jack. It's been so long since I had a dynamic allocation error
that I'd forgotten about that one.

It's interesting that a return code of 12 with an error code of 035C
says the following. That means there is a supplied IBM utility program
that isn't setting up its dynamic allocation requests properly. Go
figure. It looks like it's time to open an ETR.

PARM SPECIFIED IN TEXT UNIT IS NOT VALID

[...]

Lizette Koehler

Aug 31, 2007, 4:11:00 PM8/31/07
Is the data set it is trying to write to there? $TCK.$TCKSMFP.JOB

Application Programmer Response: Identify the error from the system messages issued. Correct the error and resubmit the job. All data sets must be permanent, cataloged, predefined data sets allocated with DISP=SHR.

Lizette

>I am trying to run the EDGHSKP program to obtain a listing of the VRS
>entries in DFHSMSrmm. I get the following error from it. I've tried to
>search the IBM WEB site for the manual that has the dynamic allocation
>return codes, but can't seem to find the correct one. Does anyone know

>what the problem is here, or where I might be able to find a list of the
>dynamic allocation return codes?
>

>EDG2301E FILE DYNAMIC ALLOCATION ERROR 0C 035C 0002,
>$TCK.$TCKSMFP.JOB
>
>EDG6207E DFSMSrmm SUBSYSTEM UNABLE TO ALLOCATE AND OPEN THE INPUT AND
>OUTPUT DATA SETS SPECIFIED

kh...@sbcglobal.net

Aug 31, 2007, 6:12:36 PM8/31/07
On Aug 31, 12:39 pm, Thomas.Kel...@COMMERCEBANK.COM (Kelman, Tom)
wrote:

> I am trying to run the EDGHSKP program to obtain a listing of the VRS
> entries in DFHSMSrmm. I get the following error from it. I've tried to
> search the IBM WEB site for the manual that has the dynamic allocation
> return codes, but can't seem to find the correct one. Does anyone know
> what the problem is here, or where I might be able to find a list of the
> dynamic allocation return codes?
>
> EDG2301E FILE DYNAMIC ALLOCATION ERROR 0C 035C 0002,
> $TCK.$TCKSMFP.JOB
>
> EDG6207E DFSMSrmm SUBSYSTEM UNABLE TO ALLOCATE AND OPEN THE INPUT AND
> OUTPUT DATA SETS SPECIFIED
>
> Tom Kelman
>
> Commerce Bank of Kansas City
>
> (816) 760-7632
>
> ***************************************************************************­**

> If you wish to communicate securely with Commerce Bank and its
> affiliates, you must log into your account under Online Services athttp://www.commercebank.comor use the Commerce Bank Secure
> Email Message Center athttps://securemail.commercebank.com

> NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any attached files are
> confidential. The information is exclusively for the use of the
> individual or entity intended as the recipient. If you are not
> the intended recipient, any use, copying, printing, reviewing,
> retention, disclosure, distribution or forwarding of the message
> or any attached file is not authorized and is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this electronic mail message in error, please
> advise the sender by reply electronic mail immediately and
> permanently delete the original transmission, any attachments
> and any copies of this message from your computer system.
> ***************************************************************************­**

> Search the archives athttp://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Might try looking at "MVS Authorized Assembler Services Guide"
SA-22-7608, section 'Interpreting DYNALLOC Return Codes'. This
lists the complete dynamic allocation return and reason codes.

Mike Wood

Sep 4, 2007, 5:44:29 AM9/4/07
Tom, Using LookAt to find the message, and following the links through the
manuals, brings you to the dynamic allocation return codes..... and as has
already been stated, looks like you should raise an ETR if the data sets that
should be pre-allocated, cataloged, DASD data sets are that in fact.

Mike Wood RMM Development

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

David Andrews

Sep 4, 2007, 7:57:29 AM9/4/07
On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 14:38 -0500, Kelman, Tom wrote:
> I am trying to run the EDGHSKP program

Did you by any chance neglect to preallocate the MESSAGE, REPORT and
REPTEXT datasets in the housekeeping JCL? You cannot dynamically
allocate those, because they are written to by both housekeeping and the
DFRMM address space.

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.