XMIT MANAGER

David Cartwright

May 6, 2010, 5:50:25 AM5/6/10
Slightly OT I'm afraid, but does anyone know if there is a 64 bit version of Xmit
Manager? I no longer have a 32 bit Windows available (talk about dead media!).
The home website seems to have gone and it won't install from an old (months)
download. I want to look inside file 172 to find the stuff I did on cache
management which seems to be a hot topic at the moment.
Any ideas?

TIA
DC

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Field, Alan C.

May 6, 2010, 7:51:32 AM5/6/10
Did you check the archives? There was a thread on this within the last month or two. I thinlk it concluded the install won't work however if you copy the .exe it will run.

Hal Merritt

May 6, 2010, 9:58:24 AM5/6/10
Part of the discussion a short time ago on this topic included a suggestion to adjust the proprieties on Windows so that it will run the program in compatibility mode. There was no response if that worked or another solution was found.

HTH and good luck

Slightly OT I'm afraid, but does anyone know if there is a 64 bit version of Xmit
Manager? I no longer have a 32 bit Windows available (talk about dead media!).
The home website seems to have gone and it won't install from an old (months)
download. I want to look inside file 172 to find the stuff I did on cache
management which seems to be a hot topic at the moment.
Any ideas?

TIA
DC

NOTICE: This electronic mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended
together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving, copying, disclosure or distribution

Longnecker, Dennis

May 6, 2010, 4:31:30 PM5/6/10
I had this exact same problem. Adjusting the run/compatibility settings wouldn't work.

The easiest thing to do is find some computer that is running a non-64 bit version of windows. Install the product and then copy the directory that was created to your 64 bit computer.

It appears just the installer has problems. Once you get it installed somewhere, just copy it over. Works just fine on my Windows 7 64 bit computer.

Dennis

May 7, 2010, 5:11:07 AM5/7/10
Let me know if you need a copy of the directory and I can email it to you.

I will go ahead and wrap a installation around the directory. I know that
there are several freeware builders to do that. I tried to get permission
from the original author, but never heard back, so I'll just move forward
and if they complain I'll remove it from the files section at that time.

I should have it there in a day or two.

Brian

Matthew Donald

May 7, 2010, 1:20:48 PM5/7/10
I had this problem as well. I installed Windows XP mode under Windows
Virtual PC. It's a free download if you have Windows 7 Proffesional
installed. Xmit Manager runs without problems under WinXP.

Brian Westerman

May 8, 2010, 5:46:57 AM5/8/10
you don't need a 32bit OS to run Xmit Manager, just to install it with the
current setup package. I'm building a new setup package for it that will
handle installation under 32bit or 64bit and it should be ready as soon as I
finish reading the directions for NSIS.

Brian

Scott T. Harder

May 8, 2010, 11:06:14 AM5/8/10
Right... it was my question/OP about running XMIT Manager on Win7 (64 bit).
What I did (at the instruction of another kind list member) was to set up
Windows XP Mode in MS Virtual PC. I installed the 32 bit version of XMIT
Manager there and it worked gr8. The version of Windows that you are
running on the host determines whether you have MS Virtual PC available
without additional fees, I believe.

All the best,

Scott T. Harder
Mainframe Services, Inc.