Easytrieve*A010 INVALID FILE REFERENCE -

Ron Thomas

Aug 30, 2011, 9:52:24 AM8/30/11
Hi ,

I am new to easytrive, i have modified a module and added a new date control card , it is giving the message "*A010 INVALID FILE REFERENCE - DATEPARM". Can anyone pls help me know what is the issue over here?

JOB INPUT VENINPUT

GET DATEPARM - > newly added to read the datecontrol file

IF DTL = 'HDR'
WS-HDR-DT = IDATE
WS-HDR-DATE-CCYY = WS-IN-HDR-DT-CCYY
WS-HDR-DATE-MM = WS-IN-HDR-DT-MM
WS-HDR-DATE-DD = WS-IN-HDR-DT-DD
DISPLAY 'HEADER DATE : ' WS-HDR-DATE
END-IF

Regards
Rajeev

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Mike Schwab

Aug 30, 2011, 2:18:31 PM8/30/11
DATEPARM goes EOF on second VENINPUT record?

For a 1 record input, how about putting the GET DATEPARM in the START PROC?

JOB INPUT VENINPUT START START-PROC
START-PROC. PROC
GET DATEPARM
END-PROC

--

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA

Don Imbriale

Aug 30, 2011, 2:18:52 PM8/30/11
Perhaps the Easytrieve manuals can shed light on the error message or the
proper syntax for file reference. Failing that, a call to the vendor might
be in order.

- Don Imbriale

Wissink, Brad [ITSYS]

Aug 30, 2011, 2:55:12 PM8/30/11
You need a file statement to define DATEPARM as a file. You must also have a JCL DD statement named DATEPARM pointing to the data control data set. The file statement should be before the JOB statement and look something like
FILE DATEPARM
* Field-name location length attribute
DATEPARM-Field1 1 10 A

Brad Wissink