ADR405E (041)-DYNA (02), DYNAMIC ALLOCATION OF VOLUME FB8ACC FAILED. ERROR CODE 0218. INFORMATION CODE 0000.

willie bunter

Sep 24, 2012, 12:32:08 PM9/24/12
Good Day All,

I encountered a problem while attempting to perform a FLASHCOPY of a volume:

ADR405E (041)-DYNA (02), DYNAMIC ALLOCATION OF VOLUME FB8ACC FAILED. ERROR CODE 0218. INFORMATION CODE 0000.

The dynamic allocation error occurred on the ouptut or target volume.

A colleague gave me the following link posted on IBM's site :
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3S1000603

The explanation is quite straight forward.� I would like to try their suggestion : "The WORKVOL or WORKUNIT parms on the EXEC statement for ADRDSSU can be used to point allocation to SPECIFIC volumes/units."

However I am not sure as to how to go about coding this parm in the EXEC statement.� Could anybody suggest how to do it?

Thanks.

send email to list...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN

retired mainframer

Sep 24, 2012, 1:51:07 PM9/24/12
:>: FAILED. ERROR CODE 0218. INFORMATION CODE 0000.
:>:
:>: Good Day All,
:>:
:>:
:>:
:>: However I am not sure as to how to go about coding this parm in the EXEC
:>: statement.  Could anybody suggest how to do it?

You find the JCL for the job in question. You edit the EXEC statement for
the step that is failing. You add the PARM operand to this statement if it
is not already there. In either case, you add the appropriate keywords and
values to the PARM operand.

Did you find the "How to Control DFSMSdss through PARM Information in the
EXEC Statement" section in the DFSMSdss Storage Administration manual that
explains how? What in particular did you not understand? Be specific. Be
very specific.

willie bunter

Sep 25, 2012, 12:45:49 PM9/25/12
Good Day All,

I haven't received any replies to my post.  Perhaps I have the problem re-occuring again with lost posts.

________________________________
Sep 26, 2012, 8:13:01 AM9/26/12
Thanks John for sending me this post.  Thank you to retired-m...@Q.COM.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Again I don't receive replies to my post.  Darren doesn't seem to care.

________________________________
Sep 26, 2012, 10:45:35 AM9/26/12
Willie,
You can always sign onto the Listserver and view all posts there.

Use this link and just keep the web interface up

https://listserv.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

Sometimes the lack of receiving posts it not a problem from the List server
side. It can be in your environment somewhere and Darren cannot trouble
shoot your environment.

Lizette

Behalf