SMS failure with dynamic allocation in FTP

Donnelly, John P

Sep 21, 2010, 12:55:00 PM9/21/10
We are working with IBM to resolve this but thought might question "The List"...

EZA2562W Allocation of J990XA.WIPWKSA.DAT.G4000V00 failed (error code 9700 info code 0000 S99ERSN 000003F6)

Thankyou

John Donnelly
National Semiconductor Corporation
2900 Semiconductor Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95051

408-721-5640
408-470-8364 Cell
cjp...@nsc.com

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

McKown, John

Sep 21, 2010, 1:11:27 PM9/21/10
I can't be sure. The book says:

<quote>
SMS Reason Code (S99ERSN): A fullword field that contains the SMS reason
code explaining the failure. The system returns a reason code in this
field only when an error code beginning with X'97xx' is returned in the
S99ERROR field of the request block.

IGD messages accompany the SMS reason code depending on the allocation
message processing options in the S99EOPTS field of the request block.
(See "Processing Options (S99EOPTS).") The SMS reason code also
corresponds to an IGD system message that further describes the error. For
example, if the reason code is X'4379' (decimal 17273), the IGD message
that contains the decimal equivalent, IGD17273I, describes the error.
</quote>

0x03F6 is 1014 decimal. There is a message IGD01014I which says:

IGD01014I DATA SET ALLOCATION REQUEST FAILED - SPECIFIED {DATACLAS
dcname|STORCLAS scname|MGMTCLAS mcname} DOES NOT EXIST

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-691-6183 cell
john....@healthmarkets.com * www.HealthMarkets.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message may contain confidential or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. HealthMarkets(r) is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by the insurance subsidiaries of HealthMarkets, Inc. -The Chesapeake Life Insurance Company(r), Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company.SM

Mike Schwab

Sep 21, 2010, 1:19:27 PM9/21/10
A frequent problem our site runs into with is FTP (and USS services)
do not recall datasets. Make sure the datasets are recall and check
for NOAUTO migration value for the dataset. May not apply in this
case, but something to look for.

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA