Re: RV: Transmission files

Alvaro Guirao Lopez

Jul 7, 2011, 4:59:25 AM7/7/11
Hi list,

I'm trying to send a dfdss file between two z/OS systems through FTP, when
I submit the job this fails with RC=2875, message follows:

SYSIN instream FTP

USERID PASSWORD
SENDSITE
BINARY
QUOTE SITE LRECL=0 RECFM=U BLKSIZE=27998 VOL=TOOLAL
QUOTE SITE PRI=120 SEC=20 CYLINDERS
QUOTE STRU R
PUT 'USERID.BAT1WORK.D' 'USERID.BAT1WORK.D'
QUIT

Abend:

EZA1736I QUOTE STRU
EZA1701I >>> STRU
250 Data structure is
Record
EZA1460I
Command:
EZA1736I PUT 'USERID.BAT1WORK.D' 'USERID.BAT1WORK.D'
EZA1701I >>> PORT
170,251,189,33,22,196
200 Port request
OK.
EZA1701I >>> STOR 'USERID.BAT1WORK.D'

125 Storing data set USERID.BAT1WORK.D

EZA2590E send error from send_data - EDC5140I Broken pipe.
(errno2=0x74520442)
EZA2603E Error sending the
file
451 Transfer aborted due to file error. File is
catalogued.
EZA1735I Std Return Code = 27451, Error Code =
00010
EZA1701I >>>
QUIT

But when I don't specify the FTP command 'QUOTE STRU R', FTP works OK!!!

EZA1460I
Command:
EZA1736I PUT 'USERID.BAT1WORK.D'
'USERID.BAT1WORK.D'
EZA1701I >>> SITE VARrecfm LRECL=27998 RECFM=U
BLKSIZE=27998
200 SITE command was
accepted
EZA1701I >>> PORT
170,251,189,33,22,193
200 Port request
OK.
EZA1701I >>> STOR
'USERID.BAT1WORK.D'
125 Storing data set
USERID.BAT1WORK.D
EZA1485I 22342404 bytes transferred - 10 second interval rate 2232.01 KB/sec
- O
250 Transfer completed
successfully.
EZA1617I 31596876 bytes transferred in 13.960 seconds. Transfer rate
2263.39 Kb

But this is'nt the solution because then the dfdss file cannot be restored
in the receiver system because of his structure...

Please, help!

2011/4/18 GUIRAO LOPEZ, ALVARO <alvaro...@servifactory.com>

> [...]

Un saludo.
�lvaro Guirao

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Elardus Engelbrecht

Jul 7, 2011, 6:15:26 AM7/7/11
Alvaro Guirao Lopez wrote:

You wrote:

>QUOTE SITE LRECL=0 RECFM=U BLKSIZE=27998 VOL=TOOLAL

and later I see this:

>EZA1701I >>> SITE VARrecfm LRECL=27998 RECFM=U BLKSIZE=27998

Why is there a difference in LRECL? Just curious or I missed something.

Perhaps, if you could PRE-ALLOCATE the DSN on the destination system and
just do a put only? Is that possible?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

Alvaro Guirao Lopez

Jul 7, 2011, 7:52:36 AM7/7/11
Hello Elardus,

That was'nt the correct example........ in that case I don't put the SITE
LRECL=0 but anywhere my problem is that when I FTP a DFDSS file with STRU
RECORD to my local PC and then send to another z/OS with STRU RECORD I can
restore the content of the DUMP but and the FTP works OK.

But when I do this directly between two z/OS the transmission abends, and
the worst of this problem is that when I don't specify the STRU R FTP works
OK between the two z/OS.

Well, I see that when I quote the SITE parameter only the transmission works
OK but when I use MODE or STRU or TYPE commands with the QUOTE the FTP
fails!

Thanks for your comments.

2011/7/7 Elardus Engelbrecht <elardus.e...@sita.co.za>

--
Un saludo.
�lvaro Guirao

Chicklon, Thomas

Jul 7, 2011, 8:03:28 AM7/7/11
This seems to work for me:

quote site blksize=27998 lrecl=0 recfm=u pri=19950 sec=100 track
mode b
ebcdic
PUT 'My.DSS.DUMP' 'MY.DSS.DUMP'
QUIT

Tom Chicklon

Hi list,

SYSIN instream FTP

Abend:

Please, help!

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Alvaro Guirao Lopez

Jul 7, 2011, 8:15:59 AM7/7/11
Fantastic Thomas!!! Works.

I'm very greatful for your help.
�lvaro.

2011/7/7 Chicklon, Thomas <Thomas....@53.com>

--
Un saludo.
�lvaro Guirao

Elardus Engelbrecht

Jul 7, 2011, 9:17:43 AM7/7/11
Alvaro Guirao Lopez wrote:

>That was'nt the correct example........

Ok. Thanks for telling us.

I wanted to ask you about binary and translation options, but I just read now you solved your problem with a working example kindly posted by Thomas Chicklon.

Thomas, thanks for posting your solution! ;-)

I'm glad for your part you solved your problem, because I tried to lookup on your error messages, but these messages are somewhat not very helpful...

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht