MQ Issue ...

Jacky Bright

Sep 5, 2007, 3:24:58 PM9/5/07

I am facing AMQ9558 error whenever there is any link problem. Even though
the sender channel is in retrying status the receiver shows in running
status and thraftr even after trying multiple times the SENDER channels
remains in retrying status on the AIX box.

On AIX box it shows AMQ9558 error
AMQ9558: Remote Channel is not currently available.

EXPLANATION:
The channel program ended because the channel 'PRODAIX.TO.MF' is not
currently available on the remote system. This could be because the channel
is
disabled or that the remote system does not have sufficient resources to run
further channel.
ACTION:
Check the remote system to ensure that the channel is available to run, and
retry the operation.

Anyone has any idea abt this ?

JAcky

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Jim Harrison

Sep 5, 2007, 4:30:10 PM9/5/07
There's nothing I hate more than channel problems between MQ instances. I
usually end up stopping everything on both ends and restarting. If that
doesn't work, there is a "reset" function for when the channels get out of
sync. Have you looked at the CHIN syslog for any messages on the MF side?

Gray, Larry - Larry A

Sep 5, 2007, 4:46:48 PM9/5/07
NOTICE:
All information in and attached to the e-mail(s) below may be proprietary, confidential, privileged and otherwise protected from improper or erroneous disclosure. If you are not the sender's intended recipient, you are not authorized to intercept, read, print, retain, copy, forward, or disseminate this message. If you have erroneously received this communication, please notify the sender immediately by phone (704-758-1000) or by e-mail and destroy all copies of this message (electronic, paper, or otherwise). Thank you.

You might also want to look at stopping the channel on both sides. Then
verify there are no IP connections between to the two servers. If there
are connections on the MQ ports between the two servers that should not
be there, drop them. I had to do that once a few months ago.

Larry Gray
Large Systems Engineering
Lowe's Companies
336-658-7944