FTP Question

Sabo, Frank

Feb 17, 2009, 9:53:24 AM2/17/09
We are in the middle of converting form OS/390 2.10 to Z/OS 1.9 and ran into a FTP problem

We are able to FTP to a tape drive on our current system, however when we FTP to a tape drive on the Z/OS 1.9 system we get the following
Error (error code 0218 info code 0000 S99ERSN 00000FD6)

Any help would be appreciated.

.
EZA1460I Command:
EZA1736I cd /usr/util/prod/data/rp
EZA1701I >>> CWD /usr/util/prod/data/rp
250 CWD command successful.
EZA1460I Command:
EZA1736I locsite lrecl=80 unit=cart
EZA1460I Command:
EZA1736I get rpp1673_shadow_file.dat 'pwh99o.data.rpfile.not.gdg(+1)'
EZA2562W Allocation of PWH99O.DATA.RPFILE.NOT.GDG.G2068V00 failed (error code 0218 info code 0000 S99ERSN 00000FD6)
EZA1735I Std Return Code = 16000, Error Code = 00018
EZA1701I >>> QUIT
221 Goodbye.

Frank W Sabo Jr.
SR. Systems Administrator
Giant Eagle Inc.
Phone: 412 967-3764
Fax: 412 967-6120
Email: Frank...@gianteagle.com

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Mark Jacobs

Feb 17, 2009, 9:57:16 AM2/17/09
Sabo, Frank wrote:
> We are in the middle of converting form OS/390 2.10 to Z/OS 1.9 and ran into a FTP problem
>
> We are able to FTP to a tape drive on our current system, however when we FTP to a tape drive on the Z/OS 1.9 system we get the following
> Error (error code 0218 info code 0000 S99ERSN 00000FD6)

Does this help?

FD6 (4054) Meaning: The specified data set was not found.

Application Programmer Action: Ensure that the data
set name was specified correctly, and that the data
set is cataloged in the appropriate catalog. Contact
the system programmer to check if the alias entries
point to the catalog. Reissue the request.

> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> .
> EZA1460I Command:
> EZA1736I cd /usr/util/prod/data/rp
> EZA1701I >>> CWD /usr/util/prod/data/rp
> 250 CWD command successful.
> EZA1460I Command:
> EZA1736I locsite lrecl=80 unit=cart
> EZA1460I Command:
> EZA1736I get rpp1673_shadow_file.dat 'pwh99o.data.rpfile.not.gdg(+1)'
> EZA2562W Allocation of PWH99O.DATA.RPFILE.NOT.GDG.G2068V00 failed (error code 0218 info code 0000 S99ERSN 00000FD6)
> EZA1735I Std Return Code = 16000, Error Code = 00018
> EZA1701I >>> QUIT
> 221 Goodbye.
>

> Frank W Sabo Jr.
> SR. Systems Administrator
> Giant Eagle Inc.
> Phone: 412 967-3764
> Fax: 412 967-6120
> Email: Frank...@gianteagle.com

> send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service
Tampa, FL
----

"...the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common,
they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts
to fit their views."

The Doctor, "The Face of Evil"

Field, Alan C.

Feb 17, 2009, 10:03:32 AM2/17/09
This is a dynamic allocation failure.

Dynamic allocation error codes are described in MVS Programming:
Authorized
Assembler Services Guide Document Number SA22-7608-13 (z//OS 1.10)

The 0218 Specified volume or an acceptable volume is not mounted, and
user does not have volume mounting authorization through the DYNALLOC
request. (dsname allocation)

Application Programmer Action: Change volume specification, or have the
volume mounted, or change the allocation request to allow volume
mounting. Resubmit the request.

Martin Kline

Feb 17, 2009, 10:29:59 AM2/17/09
>We are able to FTP to a tape drive on our current system, however when we
>FTP to a tape drive on the Z/OS 1.9 system we get the following
>Error (error code 0218 info code 0000 S99ERSN 00000FD6)

The 0218 error code indicates the user may not have MOUNT authority. Check
the TSO/E customization manual and search for MOUNT or TSOAUTH. Your
security admin may have to ake a change.

Lizette Koehler

Feb 17, 2009, 10:32:56 AM2/17/09
I would also look in syslog at the time of this failure for any additional messages for the dsn
PWH99O.DATA.RPFILE.NOT.GDG.G2068V00

That might also indicate the problem.

FYI - The Dynamic allocation codes can be found in ISPF by issue HELP; HELP; Index, then go to D1 in the panels. Simple but I find them helpful.

Lizette

>This is a dynamic allocation failure.
>
>Dynamic allocation error codes are described in MVS Programming:
>Authorized
>Assembler Services Guide Document Number SA22-7608-13 (z//OS 1.10)
>
>The 0218 Specified volume or an acceptable volume is not mounted, and
>user does not have volume mounting authorization through the DYNALLOC
>request. (dsname allocation)
>
>Application Programmer Action: Change volume specification, or have the
>volume mounted, or change the allocation request to allow volume
>mounting. Resubmit the request.

Bruce Richardson

Feb 18, 2009, 10:45:21 AM2/18/09
Since you are using Client FTP in TSO, you need the TSO MOUNT privilege and
you need AUTOTAPEMOUNT specified in your FTP.DATA file. There are several
places where the FTP.DATA file can be found, make sure you get the correct
one.