S80A in IGVVSERR

Peter Relson

Mar 31, 2003, 8:04:10 AM3/31/03
No one seems to have mentioned that the IEA705I message contains
information about the request itself.
In particular, the request was for 00002F48 bytes, and the subpool was
x'E6', below 16M.

IEA705I ERROR DURING GETMAIN SYS CODE = 80A-10 TOPAS01 TOPAS01 00
IEA705I 00F0E480 009E1168 009E1168 00E61200 00002F48

But as was pointed out, the real question is "who used up all the rest of
the storage", which you'd likely have to use a dump to determine.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design

send email to list...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO

Steven Emge

Mar 31, 2003, 2:27:44 PM3/31/03
And, since the subpool is x'E6' (SP230) and you don't have a dump, you could try
to lower the region so you make more high private available to satisfy the
request.

Regards,

Steve Emge
Lockheed Martin

>>> rel...@US.IBM.COM 03/31/03 07:49AM >>>

Barbara Nitz

Mar 31, 2003, 11:49:55 PM3/31/03
> 'How used up all of private region below?'

Of course I meant to say 'WHO used up all of private region below?'

Barbara

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++

Barbara Nitz

Mar 31, 2003, 11:47:27 PM3/31/03
> And, since the subpool is x'E6' (SP230) and you don't have a dump, you
> could try
> to lower the region so you make more high private available to satisfy the
> request.

> IEA705I ERROR DURING GETMAIN SYS CODE = 80A-10 TOPAS01 TOPAS01 00

> IEA705I 00F0E480 009E1168 009E1168 00E61200 00002F48

'High private' only means that storage is getmained from top to bottom.
Considering that the tcb suffering the 80A is 9E1168, there are 10MB of region
below available. You cannot get much higher than that! Besides, lowering the
region would mean that he ran into the 80A earlier. After all, the reason code
is 10, not C! But for both reason codes the question is 'How used up all of
private region below?'

Regards, Barbara

--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++

Steven Emge

Apr 1, 2003, 8:10:00 AM4/1/03
>>> nitz...@GMX.NET 03/31/03 11:46PM >>>

> 'High private' only means that storage is getmained from top to bottom.

Actually, it means a little bit more than that.
High private is satisfied from top to bottom of below-the-line private, but it
cannot extend down below the top of the highest storage currently allocated to
the private area user region. And, you control the top of the private area user
region via the region parameter; yes, IEFUSI can change the region controls.

> Considering that the tcb suffering the 80A is 9E1168,
> there are 10MB of region below available.

Sorry, the TCB address being 9E1168 does not imply there is 10MB of region
below that is available. As a matter of fact, that is impossible.

> Besides, lowering the region would mean that he ran into the 80A earlier.
> After all, the reason code is 10, not C!

Yes, the reason code is 10; And, the subpool is 230. Insufficient high
private. Return code C is for LSQA;
Although SP230 and LSQA are intermixed in the high private, SP230 is not LSQA.

Regards,
Steve Emge
Lockheed Martin