Hi there! Market research for Norwich Hackspace!

Karl Ablitt

Jul 27, 2014, 6:21:33 AM7/27/14
to birmingham...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!
  My name is Karl and along with some other people I am trying to start a hacker/maker space in the city of Norwich, in Norfolk.  In order to do this we are seeking funding and to help us apply for this funding we need to do a little market research.  Therefore I wonder if you would mind helping me by answering a few questions?

Q1:  How many active members do you have currently, and how much do they pay for membership?

Q2:  How long have you been going?

Q3:  How many members did you start with and how did membership numbers progress?

Q4: Do you advertise your space at all?  If so how and where do you advertise and what is your advertising budget?

Q5:  Do you have any other forms of income than memberships, for example donations or charges you make for equipment or venue hire etc.

Q6: What are your costs, for example utilities, rubbish collection, rent etc.

I am very grateful for any help you may be able to give, and thank you for taking the time to answer my questions!

Kindest regards
Karl Ablitt.

DSSlocksmiths

Jul 28, 2014, 7:13:13 AM7/28/14
to birmingham...@googlegroups.com
I have written quite a big response, but I'll put it up somewhere better than here and post a link when it is finished.