Pride ticket printing tomorrow

yt...@discreetsecuritysolutions.com

May 23, 2014, 3:22:01 PM5/23/14
to birmingham...@googlegroups.com

We are moving over the road, literally, to the silver door opposite the roller shutter that guards our current domain. We are moving tomorrow (yes, short notice! It was only a "Go" on Wednesday evening.) and Sunday. All help moving things will be greatly appreciated. We now have a hired stair climbing trolley thing too.

Pride is tomorrow, too, which might complicate things. However, Kate being the PR guru that she is, we are going to offer to print out the tickets for people. Hopefully a great way to get the word out about the Hackspace, does a service for the community, and costs us very little - I figure with a donation tin we should easily cover costs.

We have that huge black and white printer we can use, and I'll bring a spare, as well as laptops. I've got a 4G connection I can hook into for internet too, so we will get there a bit early and set it up.

Yes we will lose a person or two the whole day manning the stand, but I think it is well worth it.

Emailing the Pride organisers now.

Colum Paget

May 24, 2014, 4:30:18 AM5/24/14
to birmingham...@googlegroups.com
# Hopefully a great way to get the word out about the Hackspace, does a service
# for the community,

That is a brilliant idea. In a world in which the word 'hacker' has
negative connatations for most poeple, we really need to be doing more
stuff like this.

Colum

On 23/05/2014, yt...@discreetsecuritysolutions.com