Is it trustworthy ? Relief India Delhi

raj

Feb 19, 2017, 11:33:43 AM2/19/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
Dear BoSF Team,

I am writing for the first time and am not sure if this topic is already discussed.
I keep getting calls from Relief India Delhi, to save a child suffering from terminal illness. Have donated few times but am never sure if it's genuine.

Appreciate if you could share your findings, if any.

--
Regards,

Raj
Mobile: 789 309 1114

Anil Kumar

Feb 19, 2017, 12:05:42 PM2/19/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com

Dear
​Raj​
,

​Greetings from OISCA Hyderabad! Wish You Green Day!

These days many are requesting donations on the name of some NGO. The best way is - check if the NGO is genuine by opening the website checking all the details. ​

​I have not heard of this NGO, and I remember I too received calls. ​

With Warm Regards,

Anil Kumar,
MSW​
Coordinator, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh Chapter,

OISCA International - Hyderabad Chapter
(Organization for Industrial Spiritual Cultural Advancement)
201, Basera Apt., #3-6-361/27/A,
Himayatnagar, Hyderabad-500029.

Mobile:+919848981189
Email:   oisc...@gmail.com
            anilra...@gmail.com
Website:www.oiscaindia.org (South India)

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/anil-kumar-m/a/57/959

www.facebook.com/Anil.Kumar.Social.Worker

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 7:45 PM, raj <rajesw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (rajesw...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

raj

Feb 19, 2017, 11:36:40 PM2/19/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Anil & Prasanthi.

Regards,
Raj

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/birdsofsamefeathers.

Suresh Adina

Feb 20, 2017, 1:47:54 AM2/20/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
I have also received calls from this group and conversations are not pleasant from what i recall, if you do not donate. I also remember some posts complaining against such "organizations".

Here is a link that provides feedback on calls from such entities.

http://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/relief-india-trust-l306126.html

Best option is to work with a local NGO that you know of. There are plenty doing good work in each of the major towns/cities.

Suresh

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 7:45 PM, raj <rajesw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you,

--
----
Suresh A

Anand Tanniru

Feb 20, 2017, 2:25:27 AM2/20/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
Pls let me know the phone no from which u got a call....wl try to check and get back ...
Regards

Suresh Adina

raj

Feb 27, 2017, 3:31:12 AM2/27/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

Thanks for sharing your views.
I agree, there were some soft damands/emotional demands by the caller.

Anand,

The person who calls me is Poonam & her number is 729 095 3471
Kindly let us know your findings.

yours truly,
Raj
Mobile: 789 309 1114

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Anand Tanniru <anand....@gmail.com> wrote:
Pls let me know the phone no from which u got a call....wl try to check and get back ...
Regards
On 19 Feb 2017 10:03 p.m., "raj" <rajesw...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear BoSF Team,

I am writing for the first time and am not sure if this topic is already discussed.
I keep getting calls from Relief India Delhi, to save a child suffering from terminal illness. Have donated few times but am never sure if it's genuine.

Appreciate if you could share your findings, if any.

--
Regards,

Raj
Mobile: 789 309 1114

Raja Sekhar

Feb 27, 2017, 4:25:55 AM2/27/17
to birdsofsamefeathers
Please dont believe this.
I had donated earlier when I was in Delhi and got cheated.
They just employ people to continuously call and blackmail emotionally.

Anil Kumar

Feb 27, 2017, 4:43:45 AM2/27/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
Dear
​Raj​
,

​Greetings from OISCA Hyderabad! Wish You Green Day!

​ don't think they are genuine. So, better ignore them. Emotional Talk/Pulling is their technique and such organisations ​use girls for such calls

With Warm Regards,

Anil Kumar,
MSW​
Coordinator, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh Chapter,

OISCA International - Hyderabad Chapter
(Organization for Industrial Spiritual Cultural Advancement)
201, Basera Apt., #3-6-361/27/A,
Himayatnagar, Hyderabad-500029.

Mobile:+919848981189
Email:   oisc...@gmail.com
            anilra...@gmail.com
Website:www.oiscaindia.org (South India)

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/anil-kumar-m/a/57/959

www.facebook.com/Anil.Kumar.Social.Worker

sneha latha

Feb 27, 2017, 4:44:04 AM2/27/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
I too agree. Those are fake calls.

Even I got calls multiple times stating the same and asking to visit some website to donate money which is not genuine.

Anil Kumar

Feb 27, 2017, 5:07:25 AM2/27/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com

Dear
​Latha
,

​Greetings from OISCA Hyderabad! Wish You Green Day!

​hank You for your inputs​ too. Sometimes they emotionally bind you by showing pathetic condition photos, etc.
Unfortunately this is a big menace and threat to good NGOs who are waiting for some funds to do good/genuine work. As you know NGO Associations and Social Workers' Association are not recognised by Government. Even Professional Social Worker don't have identity or recognition in India. So, NGOs and Social Workers's reputation is maligned in India.

There are nearly 40 lacs NGOs in the Country out of which only 20% are genuine; remaining are
'Paper NGOs
​',, whose Projects are on Paper to siphon money. ​

Latha, Raj can introduce yourself?

With Warm Regards,

Anil Kumar,
MSW​
Coordinator, Telangana & Andhra Pradesh Chapter,

OISCA International - Hyderabad Chapter
(Organization for Industrial Spiritual Cultural Advancement)
201, Basera Apt., #3-6-361/27/A,
Himayatnagar, Hyderabad-500029.

Mobile:+919848981189
Email:   oisc...@gmail.com
            anilra...@gmail.com
Website:www.oiscaindia.org (South India)

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/anil-kumar-m/a/57/959

www.facebook.com/Anil.Kumar.Social.Worker

Kirankumar Vissa

Feb 27, 2017, 6:43:56 AM2/27/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
Dear Raj and others,

From what I have seen, Relief India Trust seems to be doing fraud. Please read below, which includes links to RTI responses from AIIMS, etc.

Apparently, there are a lot of fraud NGOs raising donations in the name of helping patients (esp kids) who need urgent surgery or medical help. Mission Heal, Relief India Trust, A Giggles Welfare Organization, MotherConcern, etc all seem to be such fraud NGOs from what I have dug up.

This quora thread has good information including RTI replies from AIIMS.

This AIIMS page has the list of genuine NGOs who are involved in helping patients.

Kiran

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 7:45 PM, raj <rajesw...@gmail.com> wrote:

Debashish Naik

Feb 27, 2017, 7:57:32 AM2/27/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
How is child help foundation. I received the below msg. They are following up with me.
Curie manavata cancer centre..opp mahamarg
bus stand mumbai naka renuka nagar nashik. .   phone no:0253-2592666
Feb 27, 2017, 8:12:33 AM2/27/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
I should thank Relief India and Raj:) Guess why!!

Felt delighted to read mails from most of our members. It is an indication that Bosf mails are being read and responded to when they can provide information.

Joy unlimited!!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Suresh Adina

Feb 27, 2017, 10:01:57 PM2/27/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
This is another bogus front end.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Debashish Naik <deba...@gmail.com> wrote:
How is child help foundation. I received the below msg. They are following up with me.
Curie manavata cancer centre..opp mahamarg
bus stand mumbai naka renuka nagar nashik. .   phone no:0253-2592666

Paramesh Sade

Mar 1, 2017, 10:45:40 AM3/1/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
Good to know that lot of people are doing great things including sharing the valuable information.

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Raja Sekhar <raj...@gmail.com> wrote:

--

Thanks & Regards
____________________

Paramesh

Prasanthi Uppalapati

Mar 2, 2017, 1:54:13 AM3/2/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
Just ignore those calls. I will fwd mails related to it. Our volunteer personally visited a patient and the doctors too for one of the cases.

Sent from my iPhone

Sree"nivas"

Mar 17, 2017, 2:09:05 AM3/17/17
to birdsofsa...@googlegroups.com
There are many such NGOs even in Hyderabad.

As Suresh Adina Garu said people should start helping either local / known NGOs, where we can check.

Generally i believe don't believe in NGOs / ASSOCIATIONS who run a call center to collect donations. Few of them maintain few children and collect huge funds by show casing them inorder to create a Genuine feeling. Few will only have branches and even we don't know where beneficiaries will be.

Best option is to support NGOs whom you know personally or which locally operated with good track record. Don't believe on attactive info on their Website