HELLO from MYCO Mushroom Company

Petra Kaukua

Sep 28, 2016, 7:52:06 AM9/28/16
to Biologigaragen Mailing-List
Hello all. This has been a long time coming, as we've actually been at Biologigaragen about half a year now. Some of you have seen us plenty of times in the lab cooking with some weird-smelling mash and hanging black bags on the ceiling.. So, here is a little introduction of who we are.

Me (Petra Kaukua), Ansofie Weile Paddison, Simon Kjær Jorgensen and Tue Rønhave Laursen - we are MYCO Mushroom Company, and we want to make home-growing kits for mushrooms, so that people in Denmark can grow gourmet mushrooms in their own homes. The idea is that all the customer has to do is to open the little box, give it some water, and in a couple of weeks they will have mushrooms ready for eating. Sustainability is at the core of everything we do: we use recycled spent grain from local microbreweries as the soil, and also all the other components and processes are as environmentally friendly as possible.

We should have some mushies popping up soon so come say hi and check them out! And if you happen to know something about growing, we welcome any pieces of advice :) See you around!