Invitation: Roundtable discussion on launching LIV & a wet-research community (#Fugt?)

Martin Malthe Borch

Aug 23, 2017, 8:51:58 AM8/23/17
to biologigaragen_members, in...@biologigaragen.org, biologigaragen

Dear Biologigaragen

Most of you already know this. But here is an official invitation to Launching LIV and a series of events to launch a broader biocommunity.

It would be great if Biologigaragen can be present and give a small introduction to the organisation at the following events.

* community round table 30 Aug. at LIV 17.30 - 19.

* LIV launch and Biotech meetup. 8th Sept 17:30-20 Meet packing district: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/biotech-meet-up-whats-next-for-the-danish-biotech-maker-startup-community-tickets-37088792577

I hope that this can create some drive to the organisation and new active members.

Who would like to represent and talk about BG?

Best Malthe and the rest of the LIV crew.

#############################

There has been a lot of activities happening the last weeks and I/we will now like to invite you to continue this work and collaboration.  The background is the rapid and continuing development in biological science & biotechnology over the past few years, and wet-research that is being applied across a plethora of very different disciplines. From design, through art, to agriculture, cooking and architecture. This has created an increased demand for laboratory facilities and the facilitation of knowledge sharing across these disciplines. We have therefore taken the initiative to take two important steps in finding a solution to the challenges posed in this new reality:

A) create a community based co-working laboratory that can make it easier to test your ideas in a professional lab, whether you are a recent graduate, have a full time position at a university or a company or are a skilled and curious individual without prior knowledge about biology or biotechnology. This co-working laboratory is called Liv, and is hosted by Singularity University;

B) facilitate the creation of a community related to wet-sciences, life-science, aggrotech, biomedia art, biodesign, living architecture, plant science and other forms of biology.

We would like to invite you and other biotech groups, networks and companies with a connection to Greater Copenhagen to a closed round table discussion on the 30th of Aug. @ 17:30 - 19:00.

We here at Liv are inviting you to co-create and be part of this network together with us.

Agenda:

  • The  need and purpose of LIV and Community

  • Memberships and participation in LIV

  • Universal hashtag # for the biological related groups in CPH, and a plan to launch it. ( similar to #CPHFTW)

To facilitate this community and lab moving forward we plan to host a monthly meetups at LIV.  We hope that this all-togehter can facilitate the communication and coherency of the Danish life-science scene. You are welcome to invite relevant organisations and stakeholders to this roundtable conversation, (please inform the LIV team, or CC us at:  LivL...@gmail.com)

Shortlist of ideas for the hashtag:

#FUGT

#BIOFTW

#LIVLAB

#LIVFTW

#WETWETWET

#MoistMedia

Please let us know the names, contact details and number of attendees and we are looking forward to see you the 30th of August.

Kind regards,

Malthe and the rest of the LIV Team

--
Med venlig hilsen,            Martin Malthe Borch

@MMBorch  |  +45 6171 3656  |  mmborch.dk

keenan pinto

Aug 26, 2017, 9:45:24 AM8/26/17
to Martin Malthe Borch, biologigaragen_members, in...@biologigaragen.org, biologigaragen
Hey Malthe,

I can confirm that I will be present for the roundtable event.

Anyone else from BG planning to join?

Martin Malthe Borch

Aug 27, 2017, 9:03:36 AM8/27/17
to Prisca V, biologigaragen, in...@biologigaragen.org, keenan pinto, biologigaragen_members
Sounds good.

See you.

On 26 Aug 2017 18.33, "Prisca V" <pri...@vilsbol.com> wrote:
I might be able to make it after all! It sounds like my trip to Jutland has been postponed :)
I'll let you know for sure beginning next week.

---
Prisca Vilsbøl
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to biologigaragen_members+unsubscri...@googlegroups.com.

Timea

Aug 28, 2017, 7:35:12 PM8/28/17
to Martin Malthe Borch, keenan pinto, biologigaragen_members, in...@biologigaragen.org, biologigaragen
Hey Malthe,

I am back again, so I would come to the roundtable event too.
See you soon,

Timi

Sendt fra min iPhone

Den 26. aug. 2017 kl. 18.33 skrev Prisca V <pri...@vilsbol.com>:

Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (pri...@vilsbol.com) Add cleanup rule | More info
I might be able to make it after all! It sounds like my trip to Jutland has been postponed :)
I'll let you know for sure beginning next week.

---
Prisca Vilsbøl

On 26 Aug 2017, at 15.45, keenan pinto <keenan....@gmail.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/biologigaragen_members/CAGXyyTg8eZ-WeWv5XMRAvfC9uEOixo-vGSvMFM-dZfz9UpX7eQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Simon Kjær Jørgensen

Aug 29, 2017, 4:34:54 AM8/29/17
to Timea, Malthe Borch, keenan pinto, biologigaragen_members, in...@biologigaragen.org, biologigaragen
I might not be able to attend after all.. Though, if things change I will be there.

Best

Simon

Gernot Abel

Sep 3, 2017, 1:05:39 PM9/3/17
to paddi...@mail.com, Simon Kjær Jørgensen, Timea, Malthe Borch, keenan pinto, biologigaragen_members, in...@biologigaragen.org, biologigaragen
How did it go - keen to hear about potential nxt steps

By the way - anybody interested in using the Liquid handling robot we transferred from Novozymes to BG @Liv ?

Cheers Gernot