Today at the lab: building a microscope, hacking a lab-on-a-chip and ... cleaning :)

Miriam

Jul 14, 2015, 5:54:52 AM7/14/15
to biologi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am today in the lab starting now until the evening. I plan on building a microscope from a traditional webcam, hacking a bit more on a lab-on-a-chip device and cleaning.

Feel free to join/pass by.

Best,
/Miriam

Peter Freiman

Jul 14, 2015, 5:54:17 PM7/14/15
to biologi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miriam.

I wonder if you have seen and read this article: http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1209/1209.4045.pdf

It is about turning a flatbed scanner into a 0.5 gigapixel microscope.
I have spared a scanner for labitat with that in mind.
Are you interested?
If so I will bring it to labitat and put your name on it.

The scanner/copier/printer was given to med because it insisted that one of the inkcontainers was empty even if a new one was put in. But I think the scanner still works.

It is a EPSON STYLUS CX3650.
If you (or nobody else) are interested I´ll scrap it for parts since I have another I'll use for building a microscope myself.

Best regards
Peter Freiman

Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 11:54:52 +0200
Subject: [BiologiGaragen] Today at the lab: building a microscope, hacking a lab-on-a-chip and ... cleaning :)
From: 35.68n...@gmail.com
To: biologi...@googlegroups.com

Peter Freiman

Jul 15, 2015, 4:40:18 AM7/15/15
to biologi...@googlegroups.com
It should be ... if you are not interested I'll scrap it, of course... :0)

From: peter....@hotmail.com
To: biologi...@googlegroups.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 23:54:15 +0200

Miriam

Jul 15, 2015, 4:43:28 AM7/15/15
to biologi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

just woke up after a cool hacking evening :).

I do want it, please bring it. It sounds super cool.

Thanks.

/Miriam www.fugt.org

Peter Freiman

Jul 15, 2015, 4:53:30 AM7/15/15
to biologi...@googlegroups.com
Ok

I hope you got a lot of new ideas. :0)

I´ll bring it later today, about 3 pm. :0)

Best regards
Peter

Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:43:28 +0200

Peter Freiman

Jul 15, 2015, 9:01:36 AM7/15/15
to biologi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miriam

I met some obstacles, so I will be there at 4 pm.

Best regards
Peter

Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 10:43:28 +0200

Miriam

Jul 15, 2015, 12:27:42 PM7/15/15
to biologi...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am going down to the lab tonight again to continue the hacking. Feel free to join/pass by if you have time.

Cheers,

/Miriam www.fugt.org