Re: Milk-Kefir Mother

Miriam

Feb 19, 2015, 4:32:56 PM2/19/15
to Ahmed El Dessouky, biologi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dessouky

Nice hearing from you and welcome to Copenhagen!

I wished you would have emailed an hour before :). We just had a meeting at our biohacking space.

Noah is in charge of the culture collection, he will come back with an email and tell you more.

I will keep you in touch with any future meetings/events. You are welcome to come, meet up and join if you find any project that you would like.

/Miriam

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:19 PM, Ahmed El Dessouky <ahmed.oe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Guys,

My name is Dessouky, I'm a software-engineer-turned-game-developer from Egypt. I moved to Copenhagen a few months back, and recently got into fermented foods (I've become a Kombucha addict).

I've been trying to get my hands on a milk-kefir mother for a while now, but haven't managed to find any in the vicinity, and then I stumbled on your website while randomly googling "kefir Copenhagen".

I think the Kulturkollektionen project is brilliant, and was wondering first, if you have any milk-kefir available for sharing, and second, how I could get involved, and learn a bit more about fermenting and DIY biology.

Cheers,
Dessouky

Martin Malthe Borch

Feb 19, 2015, 5:21:32 PM2/19/15
to biologigaragen, Ahmed El Dessouky
Hi Ahmed welcome to copenhagen.

We once had milk kefir, but it died.

We ordered from these guys.

We can buy it and get it back in kulturkollektionen.

- M

Med venlig hilsen,            Martin Malthe Borch

@MMBorch  |  +45 61713656

Sara Julie Møhlenberg

Feb 20, 2015, 4:47:48 AM2/20/15
to biologi...@googlegroups.com, Ahmed El Dessouky
Hi all,

Here is a FB group where people share kefir and kombucha for free. It is super active - you might get some before the day is over.

Sara

Noah

Feb 22, 2015, 5:14:37 AM2/22/15
to biologigaragen, Ahmed El Dessouky
Hi Dessouky,
yeah, Rune took the only copy of milk kefir we had (it was in frozen storage), and had agreed to propogate it, so bug him about if he can give you a cut.  it would be wonderful too if when you got your culture up and running, and there was extra kefir grains, we would love to have some and freeze them down for long term storage.  I can work with you on the freeze and drying process.

best,
Noah

Rune Justesen

Feb 22, 2015, 6:43:25 AM2/22/15
to biologi...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I never took the last (frozen) grains from the collection, so they should be there somewhere if no one else took them. But regardless, I have some grains to share, and I am happy to do so, so please do not hesitate to contact me. I even think that I soon will have enough to leave some at the lab as well (after Dessouky has gotten a share of them) if the frozen ones really are gone.

best,
rune