[Haptic hardware / meta-project think/talk tank]

3 visualizações
Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Bue Thastum

não lida,
8 de out. de 2016, 09:04:0608/10/2016
para Biologigaragen Mailing-List
Hi all

Since I volunteered at the project speed dating to be the coordinator for this project I should start the thread here about it. I've been down with a flu, hence the delay.

The project is a merge of the open source hardware haptic journal club and my idea for a meta-project slow reflection project. An overall description of the purpose that encompasses both these project, as I interpreted it, would be to meet and either try out or learn about various DIY biology or open source hardware projects out there (or revisit old BG ones for that matter), and try and get some reflections going about those for example in terms of potential applications. If anyone has different or additional ideas about what the project should be about please share them :)

I've tried to sketch out a bit about what the format could look like:

At each meeting we look at, talk about and/or try a specific piece of open source hardware,  DIY biology protocol, activity format or some other kind of project from the DIY biology/biohacking/open source hardware/maker sphere.

If possible we have the physical object. Alternatively we can look at whatever visual documentation is available online.

Someone is responsible for doing a bit of research and a small introduction to get the conversation going.

We have a shared google doc for each meeting in which we can loosely take notes from the discussion as well as share relevant links and notes before and after the meeting. The docs will be licensed as  CC attribution share-alike or something similar, so that if anyone wants to write something somewhere else based on them, they are able to do so.

Some ideas for some of the aspects we could research on and discuss could be:
- Genealogy, historical predecessors, enabling technologies, similar projects and products
- The process and context of it’s development. Types of collaboration, organization, financing etc.
- Actual and potential applications. How and for who can this thing/technique make a difference? What kinds of practices and infrastructures does it fit into or try to bring into being?

Cheers,
Bue

Martin Malthe Borch

não lida,
10 de out. de 2016, 04:02:4910/10/2016
para biologigaragen, Gernot Abel
Hi Bue..

This sounds great.
I would also be interested in discussions on how they can be redesigned to solve single problems in people everyday life, thus coming from  multipurpose science hardware to specific application design.

* should we meet once a month?
* when is the first meet up ?

A bit of inspiration.

Med venlig hilsen,            Martin Malthe Borch

@MMBorch  |  +45 6171 3656  |  mmborch.dk

Bue Thastum

não lida,
10 de out. de 2016, 07:32:3210/10/2016
para biologigaragen, Gernot Abel
That's definitely a discussion I'd be interested in as well. Would like to learn a bit more about design methodologies. Also, it could connect to a broader discussion about the various visions for a "personal biology" and the implications of those.

Maybe everyone who's interested in participating in this project could sketch out when they generally have time and I'll make a doodle for the first meeting based on that.

To post to this list, send email to biologi...@googlegroups.com

To unsubscribe from this list, send email to
biologigaragen+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Biologigaragen Mailing-List" group.
Med venlig hilsen,            Martin Malthe Borch

@MMBorch  |  +45 6171 3656  |  mmborch.dk

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Biologigaragen Mailing-List" group.

---
Bue Thastum
+45 61 70 53 90
skype: buethastum
http://buethastum.dk
@buethastum

Mogens Hvidtfeldt

não lida,
10 de out. de 2016, 08:49:4510/10/2016
para biologi...@googlegroups.com
It has to be outside normal working hours for me and I prefer weekday evenings. Weekends might work but there will be a lot of competition from my "domestic responsibilities".

To post to this list, send email to biologigaragen@googlegroups.com

Bue Thastum

não lida,
6 de nov. de 2016, 06:08:4406/11/2016
para biologigaragen
Hi all

Just want to apologize I haven't been moving on on this yet. I've unfortunately been half-sick for quite a while now, and thus not having as much energy to do stuff as I wish I had. If anyone is very eager to get this going, they're welcome to take over the lead.

Best,
Bue

Martin Malthe Borch

não lida,
7 de nov. de 2016, 03:26:1707/11/2016
para biologigaragen
No problem Bue. Things progress in the right speed.
I and Gernot also would like this to happen somehow sometime..  Who ever get it going first.

I hope you get well soon.

Best
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor