Fwd: [BioCurious Members] Volunteer call for Geektoberfest

Maria Chavez

Sep 19, 2017, 12:39:09 AM9/19/17
Hi All,

Geektoberfest 2017

Thursday, Sept. 28

7 to 10:30 p.m.

The Tech, 201 S. Market Street

thetech.org/geektoberfest

Spread the word and let folks know its time to get tickets for the Bio & Beer night at the Tech Museum.

Calling all volunteers!

Are you interested in…

… pouring samples for beer enthusiasts?

… helping beer fans explore the science of suds?

… being part of a one-of-a-kind celebration of all things beer?

We’re looking for people to make our 3rd annual Geektoberfest the best ever! Come join us in this unique event presented in partnership with BioCurious at The Tech Museum of Innovation in downtown San Jose.

This will be our third year celebrating the science of beer with tastings from local brewers, live brewing demos, hands-on experiments, and presentations on the science and technology of beermaking. The inaugural 2015 Geektoberfest was a sold-out smash hit with a crowd of 850 as well as a huge success for the evening’s brewers. Last year we had even more brewers participating and an equally great crowd. We expect an even bigger crowd this year!

Who we need:

  • Help setting up the event

  • Greeters to hand out tokens, glasses, and brochures to guests

  • Pourers to pour beer and answer questions about the beer

  • Crowd control: help manage the flow of people at the event

  • IT help for the speakers

  • Demo booth helpers: help demo-ers share their stories

  • General help/assistance

There will be two shifts 7-9 PM, and 9-11 PM. Let us know when and where you would like to be involved. As in past years dinner will be provided for brewers and volunteers before the event.

If you know someone else that might be interested please pass this on!

Questions? Contact Linda Miller at linda.c....@gmail.com or Laura Skelton at lske...@thetech.org