-20o C freezer

Innokenti Toulokhonov

Feb 10, 2015, 6:44:58 PM2/10/15
to biocurious
Hi,

It has been brought to my attention that large freezer (Cameron's) accumulated a lot of ice. You can see that behind boxes (esp. 3rd shelf from the top).  The manual says that it has to be at least 3 inches clearance from each side for optimal performance but the freezer is currently fully packed.
 I think we have to turn off this freezer in the near future to remove ice. In my estimate, it would take couple days (defrost, clean it and etc.) before we could use the freezer again.
This is not a one-person job.
Importantly, we do not have a backup freezer to accommodate  all boxes and samples from that freezer. It would be advisable for all current users to start consolidating their boxes and samples in preparation for this event.

Innokenti