Fwd: [BioCurious Members] Lab Clean out!!

Maria Chavez

Sep 26, 2016, 11:33:55 PM9/26/16
FYI!
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eric Harness <ehar...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 3:03 PM
Subject: [BioCurious Members] Lab Clean out!!
To: "biocurio...@googlegroups.com" <biocurio...@googlegroups.com>

Hey all

We have some exciting things going on in the lab for the last few months.  We also have some more exciting new things coming.  We are having a big lab clean out.

Why: We are cleaning it out to make more space for lab work with new lab benches, and more space for projects. This means more people will be able to use the lab at once, and we'll have more great community projects happening. We are a volunteer organization so please volunteer to help us.

1.     A Dumpster to clean out the cage, Backroom, Lab and offices

2.     Shelves for the offices

3.     New Lab Benches are being delivered

4.     A book case

What this means for:

Members: The Laboratory will be closed from Oct 15 to Oct 21st. The classroom space will still be open the whole time, however materials will start to crowd into classroom, the lab will be closed. All your samples in the freezer/fridges will be unharmed.  The lab may reopen early if cleanup activities are finished early.

Community projects: Unaffected except if you need the lab space, which will be closed from Oct 15th to Oct 21st. We could open the lab back up if cleanup activities are finished early.

Volunteers:

We need volunteers to help with cleaning on especially on Oct 15th to clear the cage. Shout out if you can help!  These are the tasks I need help on.

Oct 1

- Collect the equipment that members and staff want to get rid of (We need to come to a consensus on what goes a stays) Meaning work party Oct 1 to figure it out

Oct 14

Delivery of the Dumpster

Oct 15th

Member potluck Community meeting Oct 15th all activities in Blue will occur Activities will occur in order to facilitate the movement of goods toward the dumpster. If we do not make it through all of them we will continue on the 16th.

Office Clean out

      Tiger teams 4-6 people each  – in order of operation assuming two tiger teams four total

      Activities on 10/15/2016 Blue

1.     Move Tables out of the middle of lecture area To make a triage zone for new benches and shelves Reorganization area.

2.     Office area Start at door and move clockwise Remove materials fold clean, repack rediscover, condense relabel boxes with contents, Move in construct shelves.  Put materials on Shelves, Label Material/project with ownership

3.     Repeat step to in this room.

4.     Move in bookshelf, Restock books, Clean Hex shelves, Sweep carpet,

5.     Help other teams as needed.

Lab Clean up

Lab Clean up

      Tiger teams 4-6 people each  – in order of operation If two tiger teams

      Activities on 10/15/2016 Blue 10/16/2016 Green

1.     Cage –

2.     Path Through Back Room

3.     Benches in number order 3-10

1.     Trash removal / Clean surfaces organize

2.     Install Electrical on new bench

3.     Transition Equipment

4.     Disassemble old bench

5.     Toss wood keep AL

6.     Move new bench in place

4.     Fridge Cleanout

5.     Cabinets / Back Room

1.     Shelves High to Low

2.     Autoclave side

6.     Back Bathroom

Tiger Team Leaders Office Team leader (Maria Chavez)  Lab teams leader (Eric Harness)

Tiger Team 1 to Clean / Reorganize the Office

1.

2.

3.

4.

.

Tiger Team 2 to Clean / Reorganize the Office

1.

2.

3.

4.

Tiger Team 3 to Clean / Reorganize Lab Benches

1.

2.

3.

4.

Tiger Team 4 to Clean the Cage & Lab Benches

1. Eric Harness

2.

3.

4.

Tiger Team 5 to ….TBD depends on needs

1.

2.

3.

4.

Hopefully we can get the dumpster back early. The drop dead date on the dumpster is the 21st.