BioCurious Metabolic Engineering Class starts this Saturday and more

Maria Chavez

Jul 6, 2016, 3:43:47 PM7/6/16
Hi All,

We are continuing our busy summer at BioCurious.  Along with our regular Community Projects signup for:

Signup this week to start learning many of the skills and theories you need to work in the lab at our Metabolic Engineering Class.  This class meets over 4 Saturday mornings starting this week.  Everyone always asks us how they get started and this is the fastest way to jump in. http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/231373391/

We have our second session of our new summer class "Teens teaching Teens" on Sunday.  One of our High School members wants to give back to the community and is teaching basic lab skills classes to other students.  The first session filled almost immediately and there are only 2 spots left for the Sunday session.  http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/231724849/

Saturday July 16th is our Community Meeting and Lab Pot Luck where you can find out how we are doing and how you can get involved. http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/232101569/

Friday July 22nd is our fourth Biohacking Climate Change meetup.  The idea continue to flow in these brain storming sessions for how we as individuals and as a larger science community can join in to tackle the most urgent problems facing us.  http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/232101518/

Sunday July 24th is Engineered Immunity: chimeric antigen receptor T cells and cancer treatment.  This talk on cancer treatment is also quickly filling up so reserve your spot.  http://www.meetup.com/BioCurious/events/231220065/

Other events around the Bay Area include:

July 13th The New Harvest Conference: Experience Cellular Agriculture in San Francisco - http://www.new-harvest.org/nh2016

Sept 23 - 25th BioHack The Planet with a phenomonel lineup of speakers in Oakland - http://biohacktheplanet.com

End of September mark you calendars for another Geektoberfest with The Tech Museum and BioCurious.  Tickets sold out last year so make sure you get yours.  Dates and links to get tickets coming soon.

We have more events and classes on the horizon so keep an eye out.

Hope to see everyone around the lab!

Maria Chavez
Board Member
BioCurious