Re: [BioCurious Members] RNA synthesis is successful

Shashank Goel

Nov 26, 2016, 4:07:33 PM11/26/16
to Edward J. Beck, Ph.D., biocu...@googlegroups.com, BioCurious Members
very cool! congratulations!

-shashank
PS: what was the related gene for the ion channel/family...-s

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 1:04 PM, 'Edward J. Beck, Ph.D.' via BioCurious Members <biocurio...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi Bio enthusiasts,

I hit a milestone in my research preparations at Biocurious.  Yesterday I synthesized and purified RNA which codes for an ion channel protein (see attached gel pic).  I'll inject this RNA into oocytes (frog eggs) next week to measure expression via electrophysiology.  This milestone lets me know that Biocurious facility has the equipment I need (including autoclave to sterilize items that interface w RNA proceedings) to move forward with my research project.   YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

Left column is DNA ladder of 6 bands; next to it on right is my RNA (the bright spot).

Be inspired!
Ed

Maria Chavez

Nov 26, 2016, 7:34:26 PM11/26/16
to Edward J. Beck, Ph.D., biocu...@googlegroups.com, BioCurious Members
So very cool Ed! I cant wait to see more projects like this at the lab.

Maria

On Sat, Nov 26, 2016 at 1:04 PM, 'Edward J. Beck, Ph.D.' via
BioCurious Members <biocurio...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Hi Bio enthusiasts,
>
> I hit a milestone in my research preparations at Biocurious. Yesterday I
> synthesized and purified RNA which codes for an ion channel protein (see
> attached gel pic). I'll inject this RNA into oocytes (frog eggs) next week
> to measure expression via electrophysiology. This milestone lets me know
> that Biocurious facility has the equipment I need (including autoclave to
> sterilize items that interface w RNA proceedings) to move forward with my
> research project. YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!
>
> Left column is DNA ladder of 6 bands; next to it on right is my RNA (the
> bright spot).
>
> Be inspired!
> Ed

Eric Harness

Nov 26, 2016, 7:38:35 PM11/26/16
to Maria Chavez, Edward J. Beck, Ph.D., biocu...@googlegroups.com, BioCurious Members
Ed

Great to hear, it is not often you get these success in science. And you need to celebrate everyone. Looks like the Yield was good too!! Those kits are amazing. Congrats.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/biocuriousmembers/CAFH49wZfb%3D%2Bwo%3DCpbCuNuLm8U12kLYuuPNnYXaDMHqniwdfd1A%40mail.gmail.com.

Eri Gentry

Nov 26, 2016, 7:55:53 PM11/26/16
to Eric Harness, Maria Chavez, Edward J. Beck, Ph.D., biocu...@googlegroups.com, BioCurious Members
Awesome. Great way to spend your Thanksgiving and much to be thankful for :)

Eri Gentry President & Cofounder, BioCurious