Biotech startups in South Bay?

Andrew Gibiansky

Jul 24, 2015, 10:51:21 AM7/24/15
to biocu...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

I'm moving to the Bay Area shortly and am looking for work in the engineering side of biotech (computational biology, wetlab automation, software engineering, etc). Does anyone have any suggestions for small companies to look at that might be hiring?

Biocurious seemed like a good group to ask; I haven't visited yet but I've been at CCL a bit and hope to visit and join Biocurious soon :)

Sorry to bug y'all – probably reply just to me to keep email volume low for others.

Best,
Andrew

Linda MacDonald Glenn

Aug 18, 2015, 3:17:42 PM8/18/15
to biocu...@googlegroups.com

Anyone interested in teaching introductory genomics course at CSUMB this fall?

It's a good way to earn some extra income by teaching 2 classes a week, and it's a great way to get into the California state system.

Please feel free to pass this message on to anyone you think might be interested and/or qualified.

And please text or call me 802-999-8678 or email me at lglen...@gmail.com.

Thanks, Linda
- sent from my iPhone, screened by the NSA.  "Your privacy is their business."
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "BioCurious" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/biocurious.

kathryn hedges

Aug 18, 2015, 4:06:49 PM8/18/15
to Linda MacDonald Glenn, biocu...@googlegroups.com
There might also be a vacancy at Humboldt State University teaching Animal Physiology. This is an upper-division course for biology majors, more rigorous than the Human Physiology for the nursing students. It has both lecture and lab. If they're doing this like they did 10 years ago when I took it, there's about 50 students in the lecture and two labs of 25.

Humboldt is out in the boonies, but wow, it's gorgeous up there! And housing is so much cheaper than the Bay Area.

Kathryn Hedges
Sole Proprietor, Splendid Colors
Support my Kiva Zip loan! https://zip.kiva.org/loans/15574/i/qs5