volunteers needed (+ free tix available!) for Cal Academy event THIS THURSDAY

Patrik D'haeseleer

Jun 9, 2015, 6:46:09 PM6/9/15
to biocurious, countercu...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

As you may know, Maria and I foolishly signed up to run the Science Sideshow at the Cal Academy Nightlive LIVE event this Thursday evening.

1) We could use some help!

2) We can put some people on the guest list for free!

We actually need to get the crew list in *today*, so if you have time to lend a hand, please pipe up now!

This is going to be a adults-only event with live music, out in the Cal Academy's garden, 6-10pm. Our plan is to have some of our usual Maker Faire type demos (they're lending us a 40" screen for WormCam!), including DNA extraction, the alginate demo we did this year, the Ghost Heart (with gloves). We're also planning to do an Elephant Toothpaste demo, maybe once every hour or so. (Practice runs at the CCL fundraiser party tonight!)

We'll have some time for load-in 3:30-6pm. We should have much less stuff than at Maker Faire, but we could still definitely use some help with setup & teardown as well!

Let us know asap if you can help. Must be 21+

Thanks!

Patrik

Gregory Boggy

Jun 10, 2015, 7:35:08 PM6/10/15
to biocu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrik,

Still need help with this?  I just moved to the Sunnyvale yesterday (from Ann Arbor, Michigan) and will be getting involved with Biocurious soon (possibly tonight).

Cal Academy Nightlife Live sounds like a neat event and I can help out.

Best,
-Greg