Happy New Years from BioCurious!

Maria Chavez

Jan 1, 2018, 8:14:06 PM1/1/18

Happy New Years and welcome to 2018 from BioCurious!

What a year 2017 was for our community.

After 6 years at our location in Sunnyvale, with the help of the community, we moved to our new location at 3060 Coronado in Santa Clara, in April.  The new location is almost twice the size, and has allowed us to expand and grow.  We have been able to add on a tissue culture room, microscope room, and even more lab equipment over the year.

2017 brought us a large number of classes, lectures, and events.  Our community projects had record participation and are all seeing great progress.  Open source, community driven science continues to be a cornerstone of the lab.

Help us make our community even better in 2018.  We are looking for volunteers to:

  • mentors for the largest influx of students working on science fair projects we have seen
  • instructors to teach lab skills classes, and to give science lectures
  • volunteers to help us staff the lab, remember we are 100% volunteer run organization
  • grant writing, community outreach, help with the community projects and more

If you would like to help with these or anything else let me know.

I hope to see you at the lab in 2018.

Cheers!

Maria